UFC 115 bonuses: $85K awards

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 115 bonuses: $85K awards
jae_1833
6/13/10 2:31:11AM
mmajunkie
VANCOUVER, British Columbia – Rich Franklin, Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, Carlos Condit and Rory MacDonald each earned $85,000 fight-night bonuses for their performances at Saturday's "UFC 115: Liddell vs. Franklin" event.

Franklin earned the "Knockout of the Night" award, Filipovic earned the "Submission of the Night bonus, and Condit and MacDonald both earned "Fight of the Night" honors.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/13/10 2:37:29AM
This is exactly what I said would happen. All of these are the logical decisions. Cro Cop's RNC wasn't as cool as Quicksand's triangle on Lennox but the fight was much better. It wasn't as good as Condit vs. MacDonald but it was easily the second best fight of the night. SOTN for Cro Cop makes sense for two reasons; you couldn't give him FOTN over Condit and MacDonald but NOBODY (that I know of) picked CC via submission. The fight certainly was a stand-up war and had a rather awesome (and unexpected) ending, IMO.

Franklin's KOTN was a "duh" as was Condit vs. MacDonald being FOTN.
postman
6/13/10 2:53:43AM
I think its kinda shitty Cro Cop gets Sub of the night Berry has 0 sub defense 0. Cro Cop didn't even have his hooks in it was bad. I know Pyle will get back stage cash but I'm sure he could use that money alot more then Mirko I just hope he gets his money as well.
lohmann
6/13/10 3:09:38AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

This is exactly what I said would happen. All of these are the logical decisions. Cro Cop's RNC wasn't as cool as Quicksand's triangle on Lennox but the fight was much better. It wasn't as good as Condit vs. MacDonald but it was easily the second best fight of the night. SOTN for Cro Cop makes sense for two reasons; you couldn't give him FOTN over Condit and MacDonald but NOBODY (that I know of) picked CC via submission. The fight certainly was a stand-up war and had a rather awesome (and unexpected) ending, IMO.

Franklin's KOTN was a "duh" as was Condit vs. MacDonald being FOTN.

I disagree. I thought Lennox vs. Pyle was the best fight of the night, even moreso than Condit vs. MacDonald.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/13/10 3:17:17AM
I would have to disagree. Condit vs. MacDonald went almost the full three rounds and Condit NEEDED to finish MacDonald.
lohmann
6/13/10 3:46:04AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I would have to disagree. Condit vs. MacDonald went almost the full three rounds and Condit NEEDED to finish MacDonald.

The last round of Condit vs. MacDonald was lopsided to a point the fight probably would have been scored a draw, while Lennox vs. Pyle was back-and-forth continuously, even to the hands that put down Pyle in the last seconds before he locked on the triangle. I appreciated that second round more than anything, too; was nice to see somebody on the bottom working actively. I thought Pyle vs. Lennox was a fight where both fighters were able to stay even in every position, and I always find that sort of fight interesting.

Rory MacDonald needs to be a little more offensive while he's in somebody's guard.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/13/10 3:52:45AM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

The last round of Condit vs. MacDonald was lopsided to a point the fight probably would have been scored a draw

That is why it was fight of the night for me. Condit NEEDED to finish that fight. He had to hit another level in the 3rd and he did. More importantly, had they not stopped it (which I agree with the stoppage), but playing the hypothetical game, Condit may have actually done enough to get himself a draw rather than a loss. That's exciting to me. It was akin to Russow Duffee. Condit knew he needed to finish that fight and he did.
prozacnation1978
6/13/10 8:47:38AM
Mcdonald got robbed. Can't believe they stopped it with 8 second left
postman
6/13/10 11:13:02AM
Yeah Condit Macdonald is my fight of the year so far.
BustedKnuckle
6/13/10 11:17:49AM
The stoppage was ok in my view. He was killing the kid for 5mins straight. And as a few others stated it was probably going to be a draw.
ziegler3334
6/13/10 12:22:13PM
I agree that the stoppage was just, but it was SO close to the end of the fight! I woulda prefered it go to the scorecards. however, def a good fight, FOTN for sure. and way to go condit.

Franklin was a no brainer for KOTN. but it was tough to watch. the last 3 fights for liddell have had me pumped going into it, like maybe he really can start a winning streak. then we have to see him get turned off. chuck left himself so wide open like he couldn't get hit since the round was almost over. good punch by franklin, but i think most LHW wouldn't have gone down from it. I don't see franklin making too many waves in the LHW devision either btw.

And my favorite moment from the card, cro cop winning. I was really surprised by him, thought he would end his night like chuck did. barry is really fun to watch and i look forward to seeing him again. But its so great to see cro cop have some of his swagger back. SOTN is kind of a stretch considering pyles, but I have no problem with it. No one expected that finish, but i'm glad cro cop put him away somehow.
BigIP
6/13/10 12:48:11PM
Does anyone know how the judges scored the condit/macdonald fight for the first two rounds? Is that info available?
aristipe
6/13/10 4:24:55PM
I agree with the selection of bonuses. As a newbie, I was really looking forward to Cro Cop vs Barry, and they both did as well as anyone could have expected.