UFC 110 Bonuses: Sotiropolous, Stevenson, Velasquez and Lytle earn $50K awards

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 110 Bonuses: Sotiropolous, Stevenson, Velasquez and Lytle earn $50K awards
RyanC
2/21/10 9:09:26AM
George Sotiropoulos, Joe Stevenson, Cain Velasquez and Chris Lytle each earned $50,000 fight-night bonuses at Saturday's "UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez" event.

Sotiropoulos and Stevenson took home "Fight of the Night" honors, Velasquez earned the "Knockout of the Night" award, and Lytle picked up the "Submission of the Night" bonus at the Feb. 20 pay-per-view event.

link
Mayhem13
2/21/10 10:44:32AM
Sotiroctopus looked great, but how did Stevenson pick up 50k, for getting schooled on the ground?

Fight of the night should go to Bisping and Wanderlei imo
RyanC
2/21/10 10:46:49AM

Posted by Mayhem13

Sotiroctopus looked great, but how did Stevenson pick up 50k, for getting schooled on the ground?

Fight of the night should go to Bisping and Wanderlei imo

I think they were throwing the hometown boy some love for a dominating performance, and Joe was lucky enough to have been in the fight.
prozacnation1978
2/21/10 10:59:54AM
i think silva vs bisping and krystolf vs bonner was a better fight than stevenson vs sotiropolous
CCPRIDE99
2/21/10 11:18:58AM
how the hell wasnt bisping and wandy fotn...
AchillesHeel
2/21/10 11:26:17AM
I agree with the FOTN choice. Unless a separate "Performance of the Night" award is added, I don't think FOTN has to mean a good performance by both guys.
Wolf
2/21/10 12:11:00PM
The funny part of the article is the "dusted of his Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt" about Chris Lytle. Joe Rogan says it a couple times and everyone believes it. I train with Chris, and he's a phenomenal grappler, but it's all a mix of stuff he's learned from various people throughout his career. He actually holds no official rank in BJJ.
sparky
2/21/10 1:12:41PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i think silva vs bisping and krystolf vs bonner was a better fight than stevenson vs sotiropolous

Agreed!!
dangerfield
2/21/10 1:31:40PM
Sotiropolous, Stevenson deserved fight of the night, was easily the best fight, although Wand Bisping was a great fight too, it didn't have me nearly as on edge as the Sot/daddy fight.

That fight was a classic
StorminYourman
2/21/10 4:58:33PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by prozacnation1978

Agreed!!

true dat