ufc 103, 104, main events??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc 103, 104, main events??
prozacnation1978
5/7/09 5:19:09PM
the ufc hasn't annouced what cities ufc 103 and 104 will be in

i heard ufc 103 will be in england and with two pay per views in aug 103 pretty much would be a shoe in for free spike tv

104 would be in the states, i heard anywhere from detroit, to san antonio, to new orleans

with so many bouts tied up what would the main events be

one would have to be rampage vs evans/machida winner
i hope the tuf coach thing doesn't go through

other one who knows

light belt is in aug, weter and heavy in july, silva fighting in aug,
one belt would have to be light heavy title match
other might be heavy weight or welter
but there clear cut #1 contenders in lightweight, welter, heavy, or middle
after florian who knows, in aug pretty much maia vs marquadt get a shot but what about bisping vs hendo
technically what could happen is a henderson vs shogun or wanderli rematch
185 for wanderli or 205 for shogun
and have bisping fight in main event in sept against say patrick cote or a yushin okami

i will be very curious what happens in the fall!!
Rabi
5/7/09 6:52:47PM
With regards to UFC 103 for the venue, ive heard rumours of either Manchester (MEN) again or Liverpool.
prozacnation1978
5/7/09 10:36:54PM
i heard that as well
Wolfenstein
5/8/09 12:18:28AM
Another event in the UK without Bisping...what the hell is going on.

The UFC seems to like to bring over the same guys--and since this probably is going to be on Spike, I'm thinking the main event isn't exactly going to be blockbuster, but it will be good. I'm thinking...

Diego Sanchez vs Gray Maynard...for the #1 contender spot.
1daveufc
5/8/09 2:18:01PM
I herd that 103 will be in Manchester or Liverpool, England and i hope this true cause am going to get myself a ticket.A wud of like to seen Sanches fight Maynard but is deigo not fighting Guida anymore?May be Shogun vs loser of Evans/Machida or Franklin.Plus co-main event cud be Wanderlei vs Kang
Wolfenstein
5/8/09 2:33:58PM

Posted by 1daveufc

I herd that 103 will be in Manchester or Liverpool, England and i hope this true cause am going to get myself a ticket.A wud of like to seen Sanches fight Maynard but is deigo not fighting Guida anymore?May be Shogun vs loser of Evans/Machida or Franklin.Plus co-main event cud be Wanderlei vs Kang

Ah that's right, Diego's fighting at the TUF 9 finale...so nix that. Maybe...Shane Carwin vs Kongo, Could possibly see Mauricio Rua vs someone, but the list of opponents is slim, outside of Luiz Cane.

I agree that 104 is probably going to be the winner of Machida/Evans vs Quinton Jackson. It's definetely getting to the point where the UFC really needs another fighter who can be a solid headliner.
prozacnation1978
5/8/09 7:45:38PM
i am not gonna bitch cause i am going to 102 in portland but seriously there are like 8 quality main card events on a 5 card pay per view

u have randy vs big nog
hamill vs vera
marquadt vs maia
and jardine vs silva

then u have gonzaga vs tushcerer
dos santos vs mc cully
and goeveia vs irvin fighting out last spot

hell of a card but i am dying to see who fights in sept and oct

maybe shogun, cane, kongo, carwin, kos, condit, kammpman,
huerta to name a few
Wolfenstein
5/8/09 10:43:59PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i am not gonna bitch cause i am going to 102 in portland but seriously there are like 8 quality main card events on a 5 card pay per view

u have randy vs big nog
hamill vs vera
marquadt vs maia
and jardine vs silva

then u have gonzaga vs tushcerer
dos santos vs mc cully
and goeveia vs irvin fighting out last spot

hell of a card but i am dying to see who fights in sept and oct

maybe shogun, cane, kongo, carwin, kos, condit, kammpman,
huerta to name a few

Yes 102 is a kickass card top to bottom. I have to assume Napao is going to get the nod--because he's awesome and the UFC pays him a ton of money.