IT's official:Dan Henderson is fighting the winner of Lidell Jackson

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » IT's official:Dan Henderson is fighting the winner of Lidell Jackson
Dadaman
5/26/07 10:19:31PM
Just announced in the octagon! This is just making the upcomming battle even more exciting.
Buddharox
5/26/07 10:22:26PM
Aw, would rather see Shogun, but Hendo is still good.
BadSanta
5/26/07 10:38:55PM
I heard that Henderson was now in the UFC but I didn't hear about him fighting at 205...
skiba97
5/26/07 10:49:05PM
so what happens with his pride belts? surley if hes going to be fighting in the ufc he should loose one if not both of them?
warglory
5/26/07 11:16:35PM
Who here thinks this announcement is spelling out Zuffa's decision to fold PRIDE? I was hoping not, but I think its pretty much inevitable at this point. Shogun? Big Nog? CroCop? and now Henderson? Yup....PRIDE is done.
JunCTion
5/26/07 11:19:58PM
yeah, it sucks, but it looks that way
Northrend
5/27/07 12:49:52AM
Hmm man thats a hard call Hendo vs Rampage. I''ll bet on Rampage though.
DoTheMMAth
5/27/07 12:58:16AM

Posted by warglory

Who here thinks this announcement is spelling out Zuffa's decision to fold PRIDE? I was hoping not, but I think its pretty much inevitable at this point. Shogun? Big Nog? CroCop? and now Henderson? Yup....PRIDE is done.

Wow... I hate to agree with you... but after cancelling the LW GP and the influx of (in my jaded opinion) superior Pride talent to the UFC... yeah, the buyout seems more and more like Pride is over and it's a matter of "UFC or nothing".
the-james
5/27/07 1:16:10AM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by warglory

Wow... I hate to agree with you... but after cancelling the LW GP and the influx of (in my jaded opinion) superior Pride talent to the UFC... yeah, the buyout seems more and more like Pride is over and it's a matter of "UFC or nothing".

Man i would hate to see that happen i going to miss pride if that is the case, but atleast were goign to see the best vs the best.
mkiv9secsupra
5/27/07 1:19:01AM
RIP: HENDERSON
the-james
5/27/07 1:26:24AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

RIP: HENDERSON

I dont think Rampage will destro yHenderson, in fact i think Henderson may take it and if rampage does take it it will be a good fight, Hendo never goes down without a fight.
Ydoc
5/27/07 1:26:51AM
Or maybe they just want to put Pride under their belt like WEC. Like a farm league of sorts... not sure if that's better than killing it off completely though.

BadSanta
5/27/07 2:12:31AM
They are clearly watering down Pride by taking the best talent and putting them into the Octagon.

Whatever happened to the "superbowls" of MMA???
Svartorm
5/27/07 4:18:44AM
I think they'll keep it around, but I bet it'll be mostly Japanese fighters, and dude whos fighting styles wouldn't go over in the US, or would make the sport look bad.
Svartorm
5/27/07 4:21:04AM

Posted by BadSanta

They are clearly watering down Pride by taking the best talent and putting them into the Octagon.

Whatever happened to the "superbowls" of MMA???

Maybe Dana realized anytime he says "superbowl" on tv, he owes the NFL money.