MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Joseph Benavidez Has Flyweight Dreams, But Happy To Remain a Nightmare at 135
    With a win over Ian Loveland at UFC 128, former bantamweight title contender Joseph Benavidez successfully made his transition from his former home in the WEC to his new home in the UFC. Link
  2. MFC Champ Douglas Lima Believes Win Over Terry Martin Certified His Title
    At MFC 29, welterweight champion Douglas “The Phenom” Lima proved once again that he’s one of the best up-and-coming fighters in the weight class. Link
  3. Anderson Silva Doesn’t Want to Be the Best, He Wants to Be the Best Ever
    The sport of mixed martial arts is still very young when compared to other major sports like football, basketball or baseball. Link
  4. Andre Gusmao Looks to Earn His Way Back to the UFC, This Time at 185lbs
    In a trivia game somewhere in the future, the question will eventually be asked, “who did light heavyweight champion Jon Jones make his UFC debut against?” The answer of course is former IFL standout...
  5. Hioki Joins April 29 Shooto Card; ‘M-16’ Vacates Title
    World-ranked featherweight and current Shooto 143-pound champion Hatsu Hioki will return to the promotion which spawned him when he faces streaking King of the Cage bantamweight champ Donald Sanchez...
  6. Kang Prevails at Light Heavyweight in Bizarre Win at Road FC2
    SEOUL -- “He is a tough kid who came to fight,” Denis Kang said after his victory. “Everyone was telling me how quickly they expected me to win, but everyone is tough now days.” Friday night at the...
  7. UFC 132: Tito Ortiz Feels He Matches up Well With Ryan Bader
    Former UFC light heavyweight champ Tito Ortiz will face up and comer Ryan Bader at UFC 132 in July. Ortiz has been hampered in recent years by a long string of back injuries. He gives his thoughts on...
  8. UFC vet Dustin Hazelett puts fighting career on hold, heads back to school
    Former UFC welterweight and lightweight Dustin Hazelett has put his fighting career on hold and gone back to school. The 24-year-old also is focusing on teaching and jiu-jitsu competitions during the...
  9. Spencer Fisher vs. Thiago Tavares at UFC Rio
    An intriguing lightweight affair between the always-exciting Spencer Fisher (24-7 MMA, 9-6 UFC) and Brazilian submission ace Thiago Tavares (15-4-1 MMA, 5-4-1 UFC) is in the works for "UFC: Rio."...
  10. JZ Cavalcante: DREAM hasn't paid me, Strikeforce is all talk
    Marcelo Barone: How’s the situation with Dream? Did they give you any response to your complaints about not being paid? JZ Cavalcante: Not so far. My manager called them, but nobody respond, nobody...
  11. 'Banha" Cane vs. Stanislav Nedkov at UFC Rio
    Following two aborted starts, Stanislav Nedkov will once again attempt to make his Octagon debut on Aug. 27, when he meets fellow light heavyweight Luis Cane at UFC 134 “Rio.” The UFC announced on...
  12. Gina Carano vs. Sarah D'Alelio on June 18 at Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum
    Gina "Conviction" Carano (7-1-0) will return to the cage against Sarah D'Alelio (4-1-0) in a 145-pound professional match on Saturday June, 18 at Strikeforce: "Overeem vs. Werdum" in Dallas, Texas....
  13. Bellator 44: Lyman Good vs Dan Hornbuckle booked for welterweight tournament qualifier on May 14
    CHICAGO, Ill. (April 18, 2011) - Bellator Fighting Championships continues to add to its already stacked Atlantic City fight card, this time adding a Season 5 welterweight tournament qualifier fight...
  14. Amateur MMA fighter Kearn Nedd dies fending off robbery
    Tragedy strikes again for the world of MMA, I hate seeing things happen. Kern was a personal friend of mine. Amateur Canadian mixed martial artist, Kearn Nedd, was killed Saturday afternoon (April...
  15. Jake Shields Expects to Be Taken Down by GSP, But Says He Isn’t Scared of Being on His Back
    Jake Shields was in Toronto recently for a photo shoot at Xtreme Couture for Jakt Apparel and he spoke briefly to MMACanada about his upcoming UFC 129 bout in the city with UFC welterweight champion...
  16. Five Fights We’d Like to See on the UFC Rio Card
    With the UFC’s landmark Rio card fast approaching, we thought we’d sit down and think about a handful of bouts we as fans (and pseudo-reporters) would REALLY like to see added to the card. (We’re...
  17. Judges Try To F*ck Up Bellator 41, Fighters Do Work
    Well kids, it’s another lazy Sunday, and another look back on Bellator’s last card, conceived and executed for maximum entertainment. Bjorn Rebney and company pour their hearts and souls into each...
  18. Former Champ Jeff Lacy Ready to Silence Nick Diaz’s Boxing Talk
    Challenge extended, challenge accepted. Just days after Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz and his manager Cesar Gracie stated they were focused on a professional boxing match for the...
  19. UFC Vet Luigi Fioravanti Making Most of Move to 185; Faces Andrei Semenov Next
    It’s become commonplace in MMA for a fighter to either move down in weight or go to a bigger club after a loss (or a couple), but American Top Team fighter Luigi “The Italian Tank” Fioravanti went...
  20. Jake Shields vs. Nick Diaz? No Way, Blood is Thicker Than Water or Gold
    Now that the UFC and Strikeforce are under the same ownership, the talk of super fights to merge titles somewhere down the road simply can’t be avoided Link
  21. UFC 132: Andre Winner Says Njokuani “Poses Problems, But I’m Sure I Can Find Solutions”
    Make no mistake about it, when British fighter Andre Winner steps into his next bout against Anthony Njokuani, it could be a “Fight of the Night” situation. Link
  22. Week-in-Review: List of UFC, Strikeforce & Other Matchups Announced
    A complete list of significant new fights reported in the past week. Link
  23. UFC contender Phil Davis taking time off to improve, plans to fight by year's end
    To the naysayers who've said he isn't the future of the light-heavyweight division, Phil Davis has something to say. Did you think of that one on your own, or did you need help? "So I'm not the best...
  24. A Labor of Glove
    Action in the cage has a way of being chaotic. What goes on backstage to ensure fighters get paid and fans get their money's worth is anything but, thanks to commissions like the CSAC. LINK
  25. Brian Bowles Meets Takeya Mizugaki at UFC 132 in July
    Brian Bowles will look to take another step towards a shot at getting the UFC bantamweight title back, but to do so he’ll have to go through Japanese fighter Takeya Mizugaki at UFC 132. LINK
  26. The Verdict is in: Shogun to Reunite with Cordeiro at Kings MMA
    Mauricio “Shogun” Rua has made his decision. The 2005 Pride Fighting Championships middleweight grand prix winner and former UFC light heavyweight champion will reunite with longtime former mentor...
  27. COUTURE: "I believe this is my last fight..."
    I believe this is my last fight," Couture told ESPN.com on Monday. "I know the UFC is probably going to have other ideas, especially with acquiring Strikeforce and all that. They're probably going to...
  28. UFC Reportedly Loses ‘Huge’ New Sponsorship After Online Poker Indictments
    The federal indictments lobbed at three top poker websites late last week – including noted fight sponsor Full Tilt Poker – continue to cause a troubling ripple effect in the MMA world, new reports...
  29. Edson Barboza Jr. vs. Ross Pearson Added to UFC Rio Card in Brazil
    Ross Pearson will step into the lion’s den for his next fight as he will face rising star Edson Barboza Jr. at UFC Rio in Brazil this August. The UFC announced the new match-up on Tuesday. Link
  30. Will Nick Diaz Have to Battle Outside the Cage Before His Next Fight?
    Nick Diaz may be plotting his course for a professional boxing match later this year, but Strikeforce officials are also hoping to have him back in the cage in the next three to four months. Link
  31. JZ Cavalcante on Waiting for Strikeforce, Non-Payment from Dream, and His Split From American Top Team
    It’s been a tough past six months for Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante. Making his long awaited Strikeforce debut last October, Cavalcante lost a controversial decision to former lightweight champion Josh...
  32. Melendez: I Match Up ‘Very Well’ with Edgar, Maynard
    Gilbert Melendez was in the zone against Tatsuya Kawajiri. Or, as Melendez describes his April 9 Strikeforce lightweight title defense, he was in the “Matrix.” “I was precise on every shot,” he said...
  33. Source: Buentello Injured, Konrad Bout Off at Bellator 42
    Paul Buentello has suffered a back injury and will not compete against Bellator heavyweight champion Cole Konrad on Saturday as originally anticipated. According to a source close to the event, the...
  34. Coker: No Discussion of Miller-Melendez Title Fight
    Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said Monday that a rumored matchup between Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez and UFC contender Jim Miller is just that: a rumor. “There’s going to be a lot...
  35. Bellator 41 ratings: Event draws season-low 132,000 viewers on MTV2
    This past weekend's Bellator 41 event drew a season-low 132,000 viewers on MTV2, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed with an event source. That marks a 39 percent ratings drop from...
  36. Following questionable loss, Marcos Galvao granted Bellator tourney spot
    There is a silver lining to the highly controversial decision loss Marcos Galvao suffered to Joe Warren this past Saturday at Bellator 41. And it's more work. The Brazilian bantamweight has secured a...
  37. Joe Warren on controversial Bellator 41 win: "I have to leave it up to the judges"
    If you have a problem with Joe Warren's controversial victory over Marcos Galvao at this past weekend's Bellator 41 event, take your complaints elsewhere. Sure, he knows many fans are up in arms over...
  38. Chael Sonnen to appear before Nevada commission at April 27 meeting
    Chael Sonnen will get a formal chance to clear the air with the Nevada State Athletic Commission. The onetime UFC middleweight contender is expected to be placed on the agenda for the commission's...
  39. "UFC Encyclopedia" book set for October release
    An Ultimate Fighting Championship-approved "UFC Encyclopedia" hits store shelves in October, officials today announced. The 400-page book, published by DK Publishing, covers the organization's full...
  40. Pat Barry vs. Cheick Kongo official as UFC on Versus 4 co-headliner
    A long-rumored bout between heavyweight fighters Pat Barry (6-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC) and Cheick Kongo (15-6-2 MMA, 8-4-1 UFC) is now official for UFC on Versus 4. UFC officials today announced the fight,...
  41. UFC 129: St. Pierre vs. Shields Conference Call
    Jose Aldo: In my mind, this is just another fight. This is my job. Training camp went great. - Aldo: There's no frustration because I knew I was in the UFC, fighting soon. - Aldo: C5-C6 bothering him...
  42. Mark Pavelich Attacks Referee Pay, 'Big' John McCarthy Responds
    The always outspoken MFC promoter Mark Pavelich made a minor splash with his most recent newsletter. In it he claimed that certain referees have become "celebrity referees" who charge upwards of...
  43. Gilbert Melendez’s Next Opponent Will Be from Strikeforce, Not UFC
    Gilbert Melendez impressed everybody last weekend with his first-round drubbing of former Pride and Dream fighter Tatsuya Kawajiri to solidify his place among the best lightweights in the world....
  44. Dana White Shoots Down Royce Gracie UFC 134 Return Rumors
    UFC president Dana White has indicated to MMA Fighting that the promotion has no interest in offering a fight to Brazilian pioneer Royce Gracie for the UFC's upcoming August event in Rio de Janeiro,...
    Pages: 2
  45. UFC 129: Patrick-Roberts, Menjivar-Valencia Free Fights on Facebook
    MMA Fighting reports that the UFC is planning on airing prelim fights on Facebook for UFC 129 in Toronto. Claude Patrick vs. Daniel Roberts and Ivan Menjivar vs. Charlie Valencia are expected to be...
  46. Chael Sonnen’s Meeting with Nevada Commission Delayed, No New Date Scheduled
    Chael Sonnen’s return to action will take a little bit longer than expected. Initially anticipating a meeting with the Nevada State Athletic Commission in April, Sonnen’s hearing will now move back...
  47. Strikeforce Champion Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza Likely to Make Next Title Defense in July
    The upcoming Strikeforce show in July will have at least one title defense on the card as Ronald “Jacare” Souza will likely defend his middleweight belt as a part of the event. LINK
  48. Cartwheeling Bellator Champ Zach Makovsky says bring on Joe Warren
    With three-straight outdoor fights to his Bellator Fighting Championships record, Bellator bantamweight champ Zach Makovsky (13-2 MMA, 5-0 BFC) is no stranger to fighting under the sun. That said,...
  49. Chris Guillen vs. Mark Holata finalizes eight bout Bellator 42 lineup
    A heavyweight affair featuring 14-year veteran Chris Guillen (13-12 MMA, 0-0 BFC) and one-time Bellator veteran Mark Holata (10-2 MMA, 1-0 BFC) is the final piece to the Bellator 42 puzzle. Bellator...
  50. Michael Chandler vs Pitbull Freire tourney final official for Bellator 44
    Michael Chandler (7-0 MMA, 4-0 BFC) and Patricky "Pitbull" Freire (9-1 MMA, 2-0 BFC) will determine Bellator Fighting Championships' season-four lightweight tourney champion at Bellator 44. Bellator...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682