MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Cristiane Cyborg negotiating with the WWE
    Strikeforce champion and best pound for pound female MMA fighter of the world, Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos is negotiating with world’s biggest pro-wrestling company, WWE, sources close to the fighter...
  2. UFC on Versus 4 set for June 26; company brass says location yet to be determined
    While the books aren't quite closed on UFC on Versus 3 just yet – a stellar main event and hotly contested decision result have ensured that – the former home of the WEC is already looking forward to...
  3. Three medical suspensions for UFC on Versus 3, main event still pending
    Three competitors were suspended following this past Thursday's UFC on Versus 3, though it's highly likely another two will be added to that list: Diego Sanchez and Martin Kampmann. The welterweight...
  4. Igor Pokrajac and Ryan Bader Call Out Tito Ortiz
    Igor Pokrajac defeated Todd Brown via TKO at UFC on Versus 3 and called out Tito Ortiz during his victory speach. Ryan Bader also called out Tito Ortiz in an interview with ESPN: "I would want to...
  5. Hendricks replaces Hallman, faces Waldburger at UFC Fight Night 24
    For the second time today, UFC Fight Night 24 has a new participant. UFC executives today announced that Johny Hendricks is replacing an injured Dennis Hallman and will face T.J. Waldburger on the...
  6. Injured Ludwig out at UFC Fight Night 24, Wilks now faces Sadollah
    An injured sternum has forced slugger Duane "Bang" Ludwig out of a planned UFC Fight Night 24 welterweight bout with "The Ultimate Fighter 9" winner Amir Sadollah. In his place steps "The Ultimate...
  7. Alexander hopes Irvin available for May Shark Fights show, will settle for "Kimbo"
    Light heavyweight Houston Alexander hopes James Irvin gets a recent suspension for performance-enhancing drugs reduced from one year to six months, if only for one selfish reason. So he can put his...
  8. TapouT car debuts in NASCAR's Nationwide Series, nets 12th-place result
    The TapouT Chevrolet made its NASCAR debut, and driver Elliot Sadler guided the No. 2 car to a 12th-place finish in its first-ever race. The TapouT-sponsored race car was officially unveiled at...
  9. Strikeforce’s Santos isn’t jumping to WWE
    No she's not according to Dave Meltzer "Officials with World Wrestling Entertainment have denied a Brazilian report that Strikeforce women’s middleweight champion Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos was...
  10. Good vs. Hawn set for Bellator 39, Hieron vs. Weedman planned for future show
    The semifinal round of Bellator Fighting Championships' season-four welterweight tournament has already taken shape. Following the conclusion of the quarterfinal round, Bellator CEO announced that...
  11. Frankie Edgar wants overtimes in MMA
    In this past week's new edition of HDNet's "Inside MMA," MMA legend and show host Bas Rutten addressed a viewer's email that suggested an overtime round be instituted to resolve draws in high-profile...
  12. Shinya Aoki vs. Lyle "Fancy Pants" Beerbohm coming to Strikeforce "Daley vs. Diaz" on April 9
    LINK Shinya Aoki will return to Strikeforce on April 9 for the first time since losing a five round decision to Gilbert Melendez last April at Strikeforce: Nashville, and now he's got his opponent....
  13. Jorge Santiago talks the declining state of MMA in Japan; believes he can beat Anderson Silva
    "Everyone can see MMA in Japan getting weaker and weaker every year. I never had problems with Sengoku; they always treated me right, they always paid me on time, but I was fighting maybe twice a...
  14. Weekend winners include Pulver, Jardine, Beebe, Fioravanti and others
    "Lil' Eagle" flies again. MMA legend Jens Pulver is now 2-0 in 2011 after racking up a victory over Wade Choate at this past weekend's Chicago Cagefighting Championship event in Illinois. Additional...
  15. Diego Sanchez, Martin Kampmann suspended indefinitely following UFC on Versus 3
    Welterweights Diego Sanchez and Martin Kampmann have been suspended indefinitely following their three-round slugfest this past Thursday at UFC on Versus 3. However, both can be cleared to fight if...
  16. Paul Daley is going to smash Nick Diaz and take his belt on April 9
    "Well first I wasn’t going to take it because I wanted some downtime after this training camp but my team spoke about it and we’re confident that we’ve got a good game for this fight and this is the...
  17. UFC 128's Almeida vs. Pyle, Pellegrino vs. Tibau to stream on Facebook
    Do you "Like" the UFC? If so, you'll be able to watch two additional bouts from this month's blockbuster "UFC 128: Shogun vs. Jones" event. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has confirmed that UFC...
  18. UFC Officially Signs Jon Olav Einemo
    Jon Olav Einemo is the newest member of the UFC heavyweight roster. The organization has officially signed the Norwegian big man, a UFC official confirmed with MMA Fighting on Monday. No word just...
  19. Heath Herring Wants MMA Return, but Only on Own Terms
    Away from MMA competition for nearly three years, UFC heavyweight Heath Herring says he definitely wants to return to the cage -- but only under the right circumstances. "It would have to make sense...
  20. UFC 129 Moved Up One Hour; Change to All PPV Start Times Being Considered
    The UFC is quietly contemplating a change to move up the start times of its pay-per-view broadcasts one hour, MMA Fighting has learned. No final decision has yet been made, though a source in the...
  21. Strikeforce champ Henderson anticipates summer return, interested in Emlianenko
    Dan Henderson says he'll give it one more go early this summer before taking time off to be with his family. Then it's back to the gym in the fall and a possible fight at the end of the year, if all...
  22. Strikeforce has appoached Fedor about fight at 205 against Henderson
    Fedor Emelianenko may drop to 205 pounds and challenge for the light heavyweight title in 2011, according to Fighters Only Magazine. The Russian legend had been approached by Strikeforce officials...
  23. Report: Joe Warren meets Marcos Galvao in Bellator 41 non-title fight
    Bellator featherweight champion Joe Warren (6-1 MMA, 4-0 BFC) returns to action on April 16. Sherdog.com reports that Warren is scheduled to meet Brazilian import Marcos Galvao (9-3-1 MMA, 0-0 BFC)...
  24. Report: Lindland Sued Over Medical Marijuana Plants
    UFC and Strikeforce veteran Matt Lindland has been sued for the alleged theft of six medical marijuana plants, according to a report from an Oregon newspaper....
  25. UFC 128 co-headliners Faber and Wineland open to "TUF 14" coaching slots
    Bantamweights Urijah Faber and Eddie Wineland say a shot at UFC champ Dominick Cruz takes priority over a coaching slot on the 14th season of "The Ultimate Fighter." But both agree that if the...
  26. UFC's Bonnar eyeing June/July return, hoping for Franklin, Griffin, Bader or Ortiz
    In the time since Stephan Bonnar scored a decision victory over Igor Pokrajac, the defeated Croatian has already fought and picked up a victory. Bonnar, meanwhile, hasn't even been booked for a...
  27. UFC 127 drug tests come back clean
    Six fighters who underwent testing for performance-enhancing drugs and drugs of abuse tested clean following UFC 127. UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner today e-mailed the drug-test...
  28. Despite suspension, James Irvin meets Mamed Khalidov in KSW 15 headliner
    Despite a failed drug test and one-year suspension, James Irvin is heading overseas to fight light-heavyweight champion Mamed Khalidov in the headliner of next week's KSW 15 event. Officials today...
  29. Jon Jones 'hates' when people mention Rashad Evans, who 'has nothing to do with his heart and who he is right now'
    "I want to be clear to other reporters, that I absolutely HATE when people mention Rashad Evans, especially throughout this training camp. He's a friend of mine but I'm fighting Mauricio "Shogun,"...
  30. Eddie Alvarez is f---ing worried about Pat Curran
    "When I think about it, the anxiety in me increases, and when that happens, I can't stand still, I can't get out of the gym. I'm up early, I'm home late. My anxiety increases because I can't have a...
  31. Georges St. Pierre not in a 'Rush' to fight Anderson Silva at 185 pounds
    "It's a complete re-orientation of my career. People are saying crazy stuff, like 'Oh, you just have to gain 30 pounds and take the fight and fight him in three months.' I can't (gain) 30 pounds in...
  32. M-1 rep: No discussions about possible Emelianenko vs. Henderson superfight
    If Strikeforce has been talking about putting together Dan Henderson vs. Fedor Emelianenko, it's been a one-sided conversation, according to a representative for the Russian fighter. M-1 Global...
  33. Hermes Franca signs with MFC
    Another talented veteran has been added to the ever-deepening talent pool of the Maximum Fighting Championship's lightweight division. Hermes "The Unreal" Franca (20-9) has signed a multi-fight deal...
  34. Inside Shooto’s Scandal, Legacy and Future
    Link Recently, former Shooto world champion Noboru Asahi has led the charge in shaking up the Shooto regime. A recent petition from Asahi -- signed and supported by various Shooto fighters and gym...
  35. "Strikeforce Fedor vs. Silva" drug tests (urine and blood) come back clean
    All 20 fighters who competed at "Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Silva" tested clean for performance-enhancing drugs and recreational/drugs of abuse. New Jersey State Athletic Control Board...
  36. Soszynski Recovering from Surgeries, Eyeing UFC 131 Spot
    After having surgery on both knees in January to repair meniscus tears, Krzysztof Soszynski is hoping to return in June. The UFC light heavyweight was seen walking without a limp at the L.A. Fitness...
  37. GSP: 'I Think Anderson Silva Has to Fight Yushin Okami'
    "That's not what I said. What I said is it's a complete re-orientation of my career. People are saying crazy stuff, like "Oh, you just have to gain 30 pounds and take the fight and fight him in three...
  38. Is Frankie Edgar the most underrated champion in the UFC today?
    "I honestly would have to say the most underrated, under-appreciated guy out there is Frankie Edgar. But that might have all changed after his last fight with Gray Maynard. We'll see next time he...
  39. Sengoku announces its imminent collapse -- on their website!
    Now just minutes ago on Sengoku's official website, the company released a report called 'Future activities of the emergency' which details how SRC lost their main sponsor, Don Quixote, and are now...
  40. UFC Rumor: Royce Gracie Inches Closer To Return for Brazil Event?
    Royce Gracie is an iconic figure in the world of mixed martial arts. His dominance in the early days of the Ultimate Fighting Championship is legendary. So, when the announcement was made that the...
  41. Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Anthony Perosh targeted for UFC 131 in Vancouver
    A light-heavyweight matchup between Krzysztof Soszynski and Anthony Perosh is targeted for UFC 131. MMAjunkie.com today learned of the impending fight from sources close to the event, who said verbal...
  42. UFC's Yuri Alcantra dropping to featherweight, training with Lyoto Machida
    He got off to a great start, and now he's just waiting for the call. Brazilian prospect Yuri Alcantra is dropping to the featherweight class in anticipation of his UFC debut, manager Wallid Ismail...
  43. Former WEC Champ Brown Recovering from Hand Surgery, Fatigue
    Mike Thomas Brown hasn't exactly been himself lately. The once-dominant WEC featherweight champion has lost four of his last six following a 10-fight winning streak that lasted three years. Most...
  44. The UFC Is Leaving Rio Show Matchmaking Up to the Fans
    Tatame reported yesterday that, despite how screwed up Fight of the Night voting at UFC 124 ended up after Zuffa opened up the polls to the fans to decide who should win the award (prompting Dana...
  45. Demian Maia vs. Mark Munoz Targeted for UFC 131
    Mark Munoz will get a chance to prove he truly is one of the top 185-pound contenders when he faces grappling wizard and former division number one contender Demian Maia at the upcoming UFC 131...
  46. Manager optimistic on Royce Gracie's UFC return, negotiations ongoing
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship has given fans a voice in deciding who fights at "UFC: Rio," and the promotion has offered 33 Brazilians to choose from. No. 34 could be a lock. Three-time UFC...
  47. Source: Kheder Allegedly Bolts from Bellator Weigh-Ins; Shockley In
    According to a source close to the promotion, Kheder checked in at the Bellator 36 weigh-ins on Friday and then left while the undercard competitors were hitting the scales. Sherdog.com confirmed...
  48. In the Wake of Massive Quake in Japan, Yoshihiro Akiyama and Family Safe
    In the wake of the tragic earthquake that struck Japan late last night, UFC president Dana White has updated fans on middleweight Yoshihiro Akiyama, who was training in his home area for his upcoming...
  49. Dann Miller in for Akiyama at UFC 128
    UFC President Dana White announced today another change to next weekend's main card. “Yoshihiro Akiyama will not be able to participate at UFC 128 due to the tragedy in Japan," said White. "New...
  50. The Ufc Purchases Strikeforce
    I can't make this up. Breaking news, The Ufc just bought Strikeforce! Check out this interview with Dana White LINK Are your minds as blown as mine?
    Pages: 2 3
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716