MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Coach Says Chris Leben Was Vomiting Before Bout With Brian Stann
    First, great job by Brian Stann. He never looked better. Many have commented that Chris was very slow and looked off last night. The truth is that Chris was sick. He had a fever and chills when he...
  2. Stann Dedicates UFC 125 Win To Fallen Marine
    Brian Stann was fighting with a heavy heart Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena during UFC 125. Stann, a former Marine, dedicated his TKO victory against slight favorite Chris Leben at the 3:37...
  3. Phil Baroni: I Was Given A Chance At UFC 125 And I Blew It
    But despite the loss to Brad Tavares that now leaves his career mark at only .500 (13-13), he appearently isn't done fighting yet. "Hey guys thanks for the support. Im a fighter and Ill have to...
  4. UFC 125 salaries: Thiago Silva and Frankie Edgar top $872K fighter payroll
    Main-card fighter Thiago Silva ($110,000) and UFC lightweight champion/headliner Frankie Edgar ($102,000) were the top earners at this past weekend's UFC 125 event. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com)...
  5. Junior Dos Santos Needs To Fight Because He Needs To Get Paid
    And apparently he can't wait until possibly August to face Cain Velasquez in Rio, so he has a simple message for Dana White: Interim Title Fight. Now. "Of course, it would be amazing to face...
  6. Sam Stout Off UFC 126, Cerrone In
    With Sam Stout off next month's UFC 126 event due to injury, former WEC star Donald Cerrone has agreed to be the replacement and will face Paul Kelly at the event. This will be Cerrone's UFC debut...
  7. 2 Shine Fights Executives Step Down
    The burgeoning Shine Fights promotion has lost two of its top officials. COO Jason Chambers and matchmaker Santino DeFranco have resigned from the organization. Chambers joined the promotion soon...
  8. John Hathaway vs. Kris McCray Slotted For UFN 24
    A fight with both fighters in need of a win appears set for UFC 124, as John Hathaway & Kris McCray are set to face off at the event on March 26. Verbal agreements are in place, paperwork pending....
  9. 13 For 13: SF Announces Massive Prelim Card For Challengers 13
    While it's not known if it's possible to cram 13 MMA fights into 3 hours, Strikeforce is going to try their best. The promotion today announced 13-yes, 13-prelim fights for the upcoming Strikeforce...
  10. Sources: Fedor-Silva In SF February 12
    He's back. Fedor Emelianenko will return to the Strikeforce cage on Feb. 12, as he takes on Antonio Silva in a heavyweight main event from the Izod Center in East Rutherford, N.J. A match between...
  11. UFC 125 Medical Suspensions
    The NSAC has announced the medical suspensions today from Saturday's UFC 125 event. A total of 9 fighters were suspended and a whopping 6 of them-including UFC Lightweight Champion Frank Edgar-could...
  12. Benson Henderson vs. Mark Bocek In The Works For UFC 129
    A lightweight bout between rising contender Mark Bocek and former WEC champ Ben Henderson is in the works for April's UFC 129 event. Verbal agreements are in place according to a source close to the...
  13. Chael Sonnen pleads guilty to money laundering, May face Prison Time
    Haha, this just keeps getting better.... "Chael Sonnen, an ultimate fighting champion and one-time candidate for a seat in Congress, has pleaded to a federal money laundering charge. A licensed...
  14. Matt Brown vs Mark Scanlon at UFC on Versus 3
    A welterweight bout between Matt Brown (11-10 MMA, 4-4 UFC) and Mark Scanlon (7-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) will be part of March's UFC on Versus 3 event. Sources close to the negotiations today told...
  15. In spite of legal trouble - Sonnen vs. Akiyama at UFC 128
    Chael Sonnen's life just got a lot more complicated, as if it weren't already. The UFC middleweight, who's currently serving a suspension from the California State Athletic Commission, today plead...
  16. UFC Cuts Phil Baroni (Again)
    As expected, Phil Baroni is once again unemployed. Albeit temporarily. Baroni was cut by UFC for the second time after his UFC 125 loss to Brad Tavares, givin ghim the Losing Streak Of Doom once...
  17. Shields up: Georges St. Pierre is going to have to deal with 'new strategies' on April 30
    I definitely feel that I'll find a way to get him down and I think he's going to try to get me down too. He's a great wrestler and Jiu-Jitsu fighter as well, so I think this fight will definitely hit...
  18. "Sengoku: Soul of Fight" event debuts in two parts this month on HDNet.
    World Victory Road's ambitious "Sengoku: Soul of Fight" event debuts in two parts this month on HDNet. North American fans can catch the debut editions of the event on Jan. 14 and Jan. 21. The...
  19. Antonio McKee: 'Trust me, as soon as I make adjustments I'll be right back talking smack'
    After stringing together fifteen straight fights without a defeat, 40-year-old lightweight Antonio McKee suffered his first loss since 2003 after judges awarded his UFC 125 opponent Jacob Volkmann...
  20. Fedor Emelianenko Signs Contract Extension, Will Face Antonio Silva
    A rumored Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio Silva fight is expected to be announced imminently, sources with knowledge of the situation have confirmed to MMA Fighting. As part of the announcement,...
  21. Franklin McNeil talks Pettis, title situation
    No one could have predicted the level of action Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard delivered Saturday night in their rematch at UFC 125. Even UFC president Dana White, possibly the most optimistic fight...
  22. Cruz Certain Faber Rematch Will Happen Eventually
    UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz has lost only one fight. In March 2007, Urijah Faber submitted him in a 145-pound contest. Now that Faber has dropped to 135, where Cruz is king, Cruz is sure...
  23. UFC 125 "UFC Prelims" draws 829,000 viewers on ION Television
    While many MMA fans had little knowledge of ION Television before the network partnered with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, more than three-quarters-of-a-million viewers were able to find the...
  24. MacDonald-Wilks, Brookins-Makdessi Added to UFC 129 in Toronto
    Numerous sources have informed that Rory MacDonald and James Wilks have verbally agreed, to square off inside the octagon, on Saturday, April 30th, at The Rogers Centre in Toronto. ...A source has...
  25. UFC 128: Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua vs. Rashad Evans Is Official
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship returns to Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. on Saturday, March 19 with the long-awaited title fight between UFC light heavyweight champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua...
  26. UFC 128 gets three more contests, including Joseph Benavidez vs. Ian Loveland
    With the UFC's return to New Jersey official, the promotion is wasting little time filling out the night's fight card. UFC brass initially announced "UFC 128: Shogun vs. Evans" would feature Mauricio...
  27. UFC Suspends Chael Sonnen and Temporarily Freezes Contract
    The news was first reported by TMZ.com, and MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) subsequently confirmed the suspension with a source close to the fighter. "Chael Sonnen has gone through a lot in the...
  28. UFC 125 "UFC Prelims" draws 829,000 viewers on ION Television
    While many MMA fans had little knowledge of ION Television before the network partnered with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, more than three-quarters-of-a-million viewers were able to find the...
  29. Strikeforce HW tournament bracket unveiled
    Strikeforce tournament bracket unveiled By Josh Gross ESPN.com Updated: January 4, 2011, 10:05 PM ET Following months of speculation, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker's desire to promote a...
    Pages: 2
  30. Visa issues force Cherdivara out; Ferguson faces Richard at Strikeforce Challengers 13
    Canadian Ion Cherdivara has encountered difficulties in securing a visa and has been forced to withdraw from this weekend's Strikeforce Challengers 13 event. Stepping in on short notice is South...
  31. Undefeated Nazareno Malegarie signs with Bellator Fighting Championships
    Bellator Fighting Championships has signed top featherweight prospects Nazareno Malegarie (19-0 MMA, 0-0 BFC). MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has confirmed with sources close to the fighter that...
  32. Nick Catone vs. Dan Miller on tap for UFC 128 in New Jersey
    New Jersey residents Nick Catone (8-2 MMA, 2-2 UFC) and Dan Miller (14-4 MMA, 5-3 UFC) are expected to square off on home turf at UFC 128. A source close to the event today told MMAjunkie.com...
  33. Pablo Garza vs. Yves Jabouin on tap for UFC 129
    Featherweights Pablo Garza (10-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Yves Jabouin (15-6 MMA, 0-0 UFC) are expected to meet at UFC 129. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) confirmed the news today from multiple sources...
  34. With Help From UFC Champ, Daniel Cormier Readies for Strikeforce Big Guns
    The news of Strikeforce's upcoming heavyweight tournament was a bombshell development for a company still working on prying eyes from the UFC. And it's also a welcome scenario for the Strikeforce...
  35. UFC Fighter Jacob Volkmann Calls Out President Barack Obama, Gets A Visit From the Secret Service
    UFC lightweight Jacob Volkmann, following his win over Antonio McKee, declared that he wanted to fight U.S. President Barack Obama for his next fight. His words got him a visit from the Secret...
  36. Devin Cole Plans To Make Most of Second Chance at Strikeforce Challengers
    Second chances aren’t always easy to come by, and heavyweight Devin Cole knows this. After achieving immediate success in the IFL, Cole went through a rough patch in his career which left him out of...
  37. Rousimar Palhares Will Feel "Weird" Fighting Alexandre Ferreira
    Not just because he's fighting another Brazillian, but it's one of those dreaded "friend vs. friend" fights. "The boss told us to fight, so we'll have to do it, but I don't like facing a Brazilian,...
  38. Scott Coker: We (Strikeforce) Have The Best HW Division In MMA"
    At least he thinks so. "To me the fans are always going to think what they want. I've always known we have the best heavyweight division in mixed martial arts. I had this in my back pocket. I don't...
  39. Will Campuzano meets Chris Cariaso at Fight for the Troops 2
    With David Mitchell and Mike Swick each bowing out to injury, UFC brass had an extra slot to fill at UFC Fight Night 23. Enter Will Campuzano (8-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and Chris Cariaso (10-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC)....
  40. UFC Quick Quote: Georges St. Pierre is boring...
    Ever since losing the welterweight title to Matt Serra at UFC 69, Georges St. Pierre has faced questions from the media and fans regarding his seeming lack of killer instinct. Now his former hero...
  41. Antonio Mckee Has Been Released Following His UFC 125 Loss to Jacob Volkmann
    Antonio Mckee's debut on the "big leagues" ended up in a split-decision loss to Jacob Volkmann on UFC 125, and it looks like he won't be getting another chance to redeem himself. Much like his...
  42. Rampage Jackson Responds to "Phony" James Toney (Video)
    "The only thing that the Fake Mr. T has to do is sign the contract. Rampage is a decent club fighter and if he thinks his club fighting style can match my skills, then he is crazy as hell." "What? Is...
  43. Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011
    Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker expects his company to take a major step forward this year. “I believe by the end of this year, we will be in the pay-per-view business,” he said Wednesday on the Sherdog...
  44. Olympians applying skills to new arena
    It has been more than six years since Rhadi Ferguson represented the United States in judo at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece, and chances are the Coconut Creek, Fla., native -- now 35 --...
  45. Rich Attonito To Drop To Welterweight
    The next time he steps into the octagon, veteran 185-pounder Rich Attonito will be a little lighter. He said today that Welterweight is a better fight for him than Middleweight, and plans to drop to...
  46. Fabricio Werdum Says He's Going To Make Alistair Overeem Go To Sleep
    That according to Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker in the upcoming Heavyweight tournament. "Alistair asked for Fabricio, personally. When I was in Japan last week, he said, ‘You’ve got to let me fight...
  47. Brandon Vera issued release after lopsided loss to Thiago Silva
    Brandon Vera issued release after lopsided loss to Thiago Silva Posted by Brendhan Conlan on Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 9:41 am Fighters face adversity at any given event due to the nature of...
  48. UFC releases Marcus Davis following UFC 125 loss
    After 15 fights, four fight-night bonuses, a spot on the organization's reality series, former welterweight title contention, and a handful of high-profile international fights, Marcus Davis received...
  49. Marquardt vs. Sexyama booked for UFC 128
    A middleweight bout between former No. 1 contender Nate Marquardt and Yoshihiro Akiyama has been slated for UFC 128 in Newark, N.J., on March 19, according to multiple sources. Contracts have been...
  50. One Side Claims Fix, Other Cites Confusion in Controversial Decision
    As Hermes Franca waited for the decision of his fight against Ferrid Kheder to be read inside the cage in a Cartago, Costa Rica high school gym, the UFC veteran thought his losing streak was history....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716