MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Dave Bautista Says Strikeforce Deal Is Close, Hopes to Debut in March
    The long-rumored deal between former professional wrestler Dave Bautista and MMA promoter Strikeforce appears to be moving closer to completion. According to Bautista -- who went by "Batista" during...
  2. Why Didn't UFC 120 Air Live On Spike? Broadcast Format To Blame
    With this past weekend's UFC 120 event in London airing live in just about every corner of the globe, U.S. fans were forced to dodge spoilers prior to Spike TV's tape-delayed broadcast of the...
  3. Ken Shamrock Among Weekend Winners
    Stop the presses-Ken Shamrock actually won a fight over the weekend! For only the second time in 6 years the 46-year-old Shamrock was victorious, beating Jonathan Ivey in the headliner of Saturday's...
  4. Jose Aldo's Next Challenge? Mark Hominick Not Only Candidate
    Although WEC Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo recently told the TATAME that Mark Hominick may be th enext challenger for his title, WEC may have other plans. WEC officials declined to comment on the...
  5. Georges "Grimlock" St. Pierre Is Dino-Might
    And based on his interests and TV habits, he would seem to have a post-MMA career set as...a paleontologist? "I don't really watch sports. I watch the Canadian version of the Discovery Channel. Ask...
  6. Five-time "Fight of the Night" winner Sam Stout shakes up UFC 121 training camp
    After 10 years of fighting, UFC bonus collector Sam Stout has learned to pace himself. On Saturday the Canadian meets U.K. product Paul Taylor (10-5 MMA, 3-4 UFC) at UFC 121 in Taylor's first fight...
  7. UFC 120 medical suspensions: Six months for Pyle, Kongo, Browne, Broughton
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship issued medical suspensions to all 20 competitors from this past weekend's UFC 120 event, and four fighters could be out of action for half a year. Main-card...
  8. Frank Shamrock Blames Dana White for Negative Perception of MMA in New York
    As much as UFC president Dana White and the UFC have done to help build the credibility of MMA around the world, White is also one of major the obstacles keeping the sport from being legalized in New...
  9. White Slams the Door on Tito/Chuck 3
    As Tito Ortiz prepares for what might be the biggest fight in his UFC career, against Matt Hamill this weekend at UFC 121 in Anaheim, Calif., fans are still clamoring for a fight that was set up to...
  10. Cris Cyborg: Gina Carano lacks heart
    Guilherme Cruz: How are things on the United States? Are you back to the trainings now, after you “vacations” in Hawaii to celebrate your anniversary? Cris Cyborg: It was cool, we stayed in Hawaii...
  11. THQ Extends Deal w/;UFC Through 2018
    The battle for dominance between EA Sports and THQ in the MMA video game market could turn out to be a long one. On the same day as the long awaited release of the EA Sports MMA video game, its...
  12. Carwin Sponsor Banned from UFC 121
    Add another sponsor to the list of brands that UFC fighters may no longer display during events. Sports drink company Good4U Drinks today announced via its Web site that Zuffa CEO Lorenzo Fertitta...
  13. HDNet carries WVR's Sengoku Raiden Championship 15 live on Oct. 30
    link HDNet will feature a live broadcast of World Victory Road's next offering, Sengoku Raiden Championship 15, on Oct. 30. The event takes place at Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo with a variety of...
  14. Jason MacDonald Off UFC 124
    After suffering a gruesome leg injury at May's UFC 113 event in his native Canada, Jason MacDonald is injured once again and thus his comeback is on hold. An undisclosed injury in training means he...
  15. Tonight, The Role Of "Pot" Will Be Played By Yoshihiro Akiyama...
    As he calls the "kettle" black...in other words, it's time for the England version of "Vaseline-Gate". "I only went for one takedown (at UFC 120) but Bisping's body was really slippery. Even if I do...
  16. What Happens To Cain Velasquez If Brock Lesnar Doesn't Get Tired?
    According to AKA head Javier Mendez, Cain just needs to execute their game plan no matter what. "[Brock] went three rounds with Heath Herring and was fine. We expect this is going five rounds, and we...
  17. Shane Carwin's SHOCK Pick for Brock vs. Cain
    “As you all know, this fight card has my attention,” Carwin posted on his official website. “I have my good friend and teammate Brendan Schaub facing [Gabriel] Gonzaga and of course the much...
  18. Matt Wiman vs. Cole Miller in the works for UFC 125 in January
    Matt Wiman (12-5 MMA, 6-3 UFC) and Cole Miller (17-4 MMA, 6-2 UFC) are penciled in for the New Year. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the event that the...
  19. Danny Downes vs. Tiequan Zhang expected for WEC 53 in December
    Danny Downes (6-1 MMA, 0-1 WEC) is expected to meet Tiequan Zhang (12-0 MMA, 1-0 WEC) at WEC 53. Chicago's MMA was the first to report the pending fight, and MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has...
  20. COUTURE: "It's probably time to move on from fighting..."
    Randy Couture comments on his career. VIDEO
  21. Jon Jones "Will Never Fight Rashad Evans"
    So he says...evev if it never means getting the UFC Light Heavyweight Title. "Absolutely not. If Rashad Evans won the belt, which I'm hoping he does, my only goal would be to be the toughest...
  22. Cheick Kongo Wanted A "High-Crotch", Not A Handful Of Shorts
    And no, a "high-crotch" doesn't involve grabbing "down there". But that's the viewpoint of Wolfslair Muay Thai coach Dave Jaclson on the grab that resulted in Kongo-Trais Browne being a draw. "My...
  23. Eddie Wineland Off WEC 52, Johnson Replacement
    Former WEC Bantamweight Champion Eddie Wineland is now off WEC 52 due to a lingering shoulder injury. He was to have faced Damacio Page. Demetrious Johnson is the short-notice replacement. Article
  24. Chris Leben Arrested on Suspicion of DUI Following Crash
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/10/20/1764904/chris-leben-arrested-on-suspicion-of-dui-following-crash Officers arrested (Chris) Leben on suspicion of operating a vehicle under the influence of an...
    Pages: 2
  25. UFC boss supports Couture's decision to walk away but OK with further in-cage exploits
    LOS ANGELES – UFC president Dana White says he'll support Randy Couture's decision to either continue fighting or pursue other career options. But while White is entirely past trying to guess what...
  26. Dana White: "Frank Shamrock is an irrelevant, two faced, phony, liar..."
    When asked about Frank Shamrock's recent comments about MMA in Mew York State Dana replied bluntly: "Frank Shamrock's an irrelevant idiot ... This guy's the biggest two faced jerkoff that I have ever...
  27. Cole Konrad Is The Key To Brock Lesnar's Success
    That's according to MMA analyst Franklin McNeil, who shares a few words from the undefeated Bellator Heavyweight Champion on ESPN.com. "There are a few areas in Cain's game where you can exploit some...
  28. Donald Cerrone vs. Chris Horodecki slotted for WEC 53 in December
    Donald Cerrone will fight at December's WEC 53 event, but it won't be against rival Jamie Varner. Instead, Cerrone (12-3 MMA, 5-3 WEC) has agreed to fight fellow lightweight contender Chris Horodecki...
  29. UFC president Dana White baffled by backlash from GOOD4U sponsor ban
    LOS ANGELES – Dana White stands by UFC executive and co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta's decision to ban GOOD4U Drinks as a fighter sponsor. And for those who question the UFC's even-handedness when it comes...
  30. 'Nightmare' returns: Diego Sanchez 'dropping back to 155' after UFC 121
    "He’s a tough guy. I think his striking’s good, but I don’t think it’s great. I think he kinda got lucky with the Koscheck knockout and I don’t think he’s some flashy standup guy. I see a Brazilian...
  31. Fedor Emelianenko: 'To my knowledge, Alistair Overeem is against fighting me' (Video)
    VIDEO LINK
  32. Dana White Says Michael Bisping Gets Top Five Opponent Next
    In an interview with Fighters Only: "I thought (Michael Bisping) looked great… it definitely puts him back in the mix and he will fight someone top 5 next. He is back on his way towards a title...
  33. UFC 126 Set For Mandalay Bay On Super Bowl Weekend
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship's annual blockbuster Super Bowl weekend event has a venue. Sources close to the show say UFC 126 will happen on February 5 at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las...
  34. Are Teammates Not Fighting Because One Guy Is Scared Of The Other?
    Maybe, according to Dana White. "The bottom line is, and the way that that's been in the UFC, it's been a camp thing. You'll find a couple of camps that are saying, 'oh no this guy's my friend, I'm...
  35. Dana White hints at Olympic MMA progress, won't lead efforts
    link "You see wrestling, you see boxing, you see judo, Tae Kwon Do – I mean, all the things that are allowed in mixed martial arts are already an Olympic sport," White said. "The reality is [MMA]...
  36. Bellator 33 Weigh In Results, Alvarez Vs. Huerta
    link MAIN CARD: Roger Huerta (155 lbs.) vs. Eddie Alvarez (155 lbs.) @ 155 lbs. Ben Askren (170 lbs.) vs. Lyman Good (170 lbs.) @ 170 lbs. Deividas Taurosevicius (145 lbs.) vs. Wilson Reis (146...
  37. Lesnar learns of Sonnen's comments
    vid link ESPN's Jim Rome read to Lesnar some of the trash that Chael Sonnen has talked about the heavyweight champion, including Sonnen's claim that "I'd slap you in your face and you wouldn't do...
  38. Is Scott Coker Trying To Save Gilbert Melendez From The Wrath Of Eddie Alvarez?
    Both Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney and Alvarez seem to think so. Says Rebney: "There aren’t promotional issues. There aren’t any barriers. There aren’t any hurdles... What television network is it going...
  39. Jamie Varner vs. Shane Roller Targeted For WEC 53
    If there's one place Jamie Varner might not get booed in WEC, it's in his hometown of Phoenix. We might find out at WEC 53 if that's the case as Varner will likely face Shane Roller at the event. The...
  40. Antonio McKee vs. Jakob Volkmann Now Official For UFC 125
    Antonio McKee and his 15 fight unbeaten streak are now official for UFC 125. UFC officials have formally announced his debut fight in the promotion, which will be on January 1 against Jakob...
  41. Dana White No Fan of Friends Refusing Fights
    “I'm tired of guys who don't want to fight each other,” said White. “Just because you train together means you can't fight each other?” Next, White tackled the issue at the UFC 121 pre-fight...
  42. 4 Fights Added To UFC 124
    The bout schedule for the UFC's final event of 2010 is nearly complete as promotion officials today announced the addition of four more contests for "UFC 124: St-Pierre vs. Koscheck II." The new...
  43. UFC 121 bonuses: Velasquez, Roberts, Sanchez and Thiago claim $70K bonuses
    link ANAHEIM, Calif. – Cain Velasquez, Daniel Roberts, Diego Sanchez and Paulo Thaigo each earned $70,000 "Fight Night" bonuses for their performances at Saturday's "UFC 121: Lesnar vs. Velasquez"...
  44. UFC 121 main-card recap: Velasquez stuns Lesnar in first, claims heavyweight title
    link ANAHEIM, Calif. – Brock Lesnar couldn't escape this time. New UFC champion Cain Velasquez sent a reported 14,856 fans into a frenzy by stopping Lesnar with strikes in the first round of UFC...
  45. Incredible night for Velasquez
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-cainwins102310 On Saturday in the main event of UFC 121 before a boisterous crowd at the Honda Center, a more mature and experienced Velasquez rewarded his...
  46. UFC 121 draws reported 14,856 attendance for $2.15 million live gate
    link ANAHEIM, Calif. – "UFC 121: Lesnar vs. Velasquez" a reported 14,856 attendees for a $2.15 million gate, UFC president Dana White announced in the evening's post-fight press conference. The...
  47. After UFC 121 win, Jake Shields still next in line for UFC welterweight title shot
    link The UFC boss had suggested prior to Shields' win over Martin Kampmann (17-4 MMA, 8-3 UFC) that a victory would "probably" mean a title shot against the winner of December's Georges St-Pierre...
  48. Tito Ortiz: "I still feel like I have a lot more in me" despite UFC 121 loss
    link "I'm going to hop on the horse, I'm going to get back in the gym in about two weeks, and I'm going to get to a college and start wresting again because I'm healthy," Ortiz said. "That hunger is...
  49. With UFC 121 win, refocused Diego Sanchez may compete in two divisions
    link Following Sanchez's one-sided decision loss to British welterweight prospect John Hathaway at May's UFC 114 event, UFC president Dana White suggested "Nightmare" might be best served migrating...
  50. UFC 121 winner Brendan Schaub welcomes fight with ex-champ Frank Mir
    link In fact, with three consecutive wins in the UFC, Schaub wants to sustain his momentum and continue moving up the heavyweight ladder. The division, of course, got a shakeup in UFC 121's main...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716