MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Stephan Bonnar "The Gym Rat" Is "Not Too Worried" About The Ground Game Of Igor Pokrajac
    Apparently no submission losses means no sweat when it comes to the ground game, at least in Bonnar's mind. "I respect his ground, but I’m not too worried. I[have] never been submitted. I am a BJJ...
  2. Is The Winner Of Martin Kampmann vs. Jake Shields The Perfect Matchup For Jon Fitch?
    Fitch thinks so, and he probably wouldn't mind getting it before his next title shot. "The next time a title shot is coming around is probably going to be a while, so I'm kinda thinking I might wanna...
  3. WEC 51 Attendance And Gate Figures Not Good
    It would seem that while WEC might've hoped otherwise, the response to if their seemingly unstoppable Featherweight Champion can draw is "No Way, Jose"-pun intended. The Colorado Office of Boxing...
  4. UFC boss says Jake Shields "probably" in line for title shot with UFC 121 win
    While UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre will next put his title on the line in December against fellow "The Ultimate Fighter 12" coach Josh Koscheck, the division's next top contender may...
  5. Dan Hardy: Taking on Greg Jackson's Fighters Gets Boring
    When Dan Hardy steps into the Octagon to fight Carlos Condit at UFC 120 on Sunday, he'll be facing his second straight opponent who has Greg Jackson in his corner. The last time the fight didn't go...
  6. All UFC 119 Drug Tests Come Back Clean
    All nine fighters who underwent drug testing at September's UFC 119 event tested clean for performance-enhancing drugs and recreational/drugs of abuse. Andy Means, executive director of the Indiana...
  7. Struve vs. McCorkle, Riddle vs. Waldburger official for UFC 124 in Montreal
    A heavyweight bout between Stefan Struve (20-4 MMA, 4-2 UFC) and Sean McCorkle (10-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and a welterweight fight between Matt Riddle (5-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) and Anthony "T.J." Waldburger (13-5...
  8. UFC 122 prelims lose newcomer Kenny Robertson due to injury
    An injury has forced UFC 122 preliminary-card fighter and promotional newcomer Kenny Robertson (10-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) out of next month's UFC 122 event. The fighter announced the injury via Facebook,...
  9. Spike Changes UFC 120 Start Time
    US fans take note: Spike has announced a change in the start time for Saturday's tape-delay broadcast of UFC 120. Originally a 9 PM ET start time was announced but Spike has now moved it up to 8 PM...
  10. TUF Champs Danzig vs. Stevenson Targeted For UFC 124
    A matchup of former TUF champs is reportedly in the works for UFC 124, featuring Season 6 winner Mac Danzig facing Season 2 winner Joe Stevenson. A source close to one of the fighters said today the...
  11. God Blessed Charles Oliveira With Jim Miller & Greasy Cheeseburgers
    In other words, as "Do Bronx" tells the TATAME, UFC means he now has the good life-good money, good fights (Jim Miller), and good food for his girlfriend. Well, sort of. "Now that I’m on UFC, I can...
  12. Rory MacDonald Off UFC 123, Brian Foster In
    The injury bug continues to keep biting UFC again in recent weeks, today it claimed Rory MacDonald-he's now off UFC 123 due to a knee injury. He was to have faced Matt Brown. Although UFC officials...
  13. Rick Story vs. Johny Hendricks Official For TUF 12 Finale
    UFC today officially announced Rick Story vs. Johny Hendricks for the TUF 12 Finale in December. The fight is expected to be one of the TV fights. Both fighters will be going for their 5th straight...
  14. Jay Hieron Now Officially A Free Agent
    This time it's official-Jay Hieron is no longer with Strikeforce. Hieron prematurely announced his free agency in August, but MMAWeekly has now confirmed that the Xtreme Couture fighter has been...
  15. Cavalcante: No Pay, No DREAM
    The story of fighters not being paid in mixed martial arts is a much too frequent storyline. As popular as the sport has become, major organizations across the globe are facing financial troubles....
  16. Is Dan Hardy At "The Top Of The Ladder" Of His Division?
    He thinks so, at least if the ladder is the Welterweight division and Carlos Condit is the one doing the climbing. "Welcome to England Carlos. I'm gonna knock you out, stamp your passport, and send...
  17. Undefeated Canadian John Makdessi Added To UFC 124
    Another Quebecois has been added to the UFC's fourth trip to Montreal. Undefeated Canadian lightweight John Makdessi has been added to UFC 124 and will face Pat Audinwood. Verbal agreements are in...
  18. Melvin Guillard & Yves Edwards Meet At UFC TBA On 1/22
    Melvin Guillard & Yves Edwards are set to meet as an as-yet-unannounced UFC event on January 22, but the fight doesn't yet have a venue or even a card, and it's not known if it could be a UFN or UFC...
  19. Charlie Brenneman vs. Amilcar Alves Slated For 1/22
    Shortly after Melvin Guillard vs. Yves Edwards was reported as beign planned for a as-yet-unannounced UFC event on January 23, it's now been revealed that Charlie Brenneman vs. Amilcar Alves is also...
  20. Phil Baroni vs. Brad Tavares targeted for UFC 125
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/20977/phil-baroni-vs-brad-tavares-targeted-for-ufc-125-on-jan-1.mma "The Ultimate Fighter 11" semifinalist Brad Tavares (5-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) will put his perfect record on...
  21. While German expansion still rocky, Zelaznik promises broadcast, predicts success
    LONDON – When the Ultimate Fighting Championship travels to Germany for just the second time in the promotion's history for November's "UFC 122: Marquardt vs. Okami" event, it will do so amid...
  22. Despite mixed results thus far, UFC 120's Yoshihiro plans to bring Sexyama back
    LONDON – "I am Sexyama." Those are the exact words, in English, Japanese superstar Yoshihiro Akiyama (13-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) used to open his address to the media at Thursday's "UFC 120: Bisping vs....
  23. Champ Brock Lesnar keeps revolving-door policy for UFC 121 fight camp
    Brock Lesnar now feels like he's on more stable ground even as his camp expands and contracts. He's emphatically answered questions of whether he could compete again after illness jeopardized his...
  24. Bellator inks ex-WEC champ "Razor" Rob McCullough for season-four tourney
    Former World Extreme Cagefighting lightweight champion "Razor" Rob McCullough (19-6 MMA, 0-0 BFC) is Bellator bound. The 33-year-old fighter has signed an exclusive deal with the organization and...
  25. "The Ultimate Fighter 12" episode No. 5 ratings: season-high 1.9 million viewers
    The fifth episode of "The Ultimate Fighter 12: Team GSP vs. Team Koscheck" scored a 1.34 household rating and a season-best average audience of 1.9 million viewers. Spike TV officials today emailed...
  26. Polish MMA prodigy Marcin Held joins Bellator's season-four lightweight tourney
    Lightweight fighter Marcin Held, who's posted an impressive 10-1 professional MMA record despite being just 18 years old, is headed to the U.S. The Polish MMA prodigy has signed a multi-fight deal...
  27. Steve Cantwell Injured, Out of UFC 120
    Steve Cantwell is off the UFC 120 card less than 48 hours before it is due to start, having ripped a knee ligament in a BJJ training session on Thursday night (UK time). Fighters Only was told on...
  28. Cheick Kongo: 50 percent of MMA fighters take steroids
    "50 percent [of MMA fighters take steroids], if not more.... What can I say, other than we need to stay away from all of that. It's not easy to put things into perspective, especially if you believe...
  29. Wessel says wife faked cancer, starting at TUF 10 to create drama
    “Just recently, around six months ago when I left (her), when I just finally said I’m done, it was after, I found out through her doctor it wasn’t cancer, it was just a normal check-up,” Wessel said...
  30. Fabio Maldonado: "See an Englishman get his teeth knocked out" at UFC 120
    LONDON – UFC newcomer Fabio Maldonado (17-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) admits he couldn't help but laugh when he first read the pre-fight comments from his UFC 120 opponent, James McSweeney (4-5 MMA, 1-1 UFC)....
  31. UFC: Fight for the Troops 2 Developing for January 22nd At Fort Hood
    News of a UFC event on January 22nd, featuring a lightweight bout between Melvin Guillard and Yves Edwards, started unfolding yesterday, although it was unclear where the event would be held or...
  32. UFC 126: Jon Jones vs. Ryan Bader in Jeopardy
    "I don't know if Jon Jones is going to fight Ryan Bader," Dana White said. "We tried to put that fight together, but Bader has some stuff going on. Jon Jones might be fighting somebody else, I don't...
  33. UFC boss: WEC champ Jose Aldo wants to test himself at lightweight
    LONDON – WEC featherweight champion Jose Aldo may agree with observers who think he's running out of credible threats. During a Q&A session with UFC Fight Club members at the Earls Court Exhibition...
  34. UFC expansion update: Abu Dhabi return planned for 2011, India and Brazil targeted
    LONDON – Next to "can you get me tickets," UFC president Dana White is most often asked where the promotion is headed next. Both questions were frequently posed today during a Q&A session with UFC...
  35. Agent: Jones-Bader Still On For UFC 126
    Fans hoping to see Jon Jones fight Ryan Bader at UFC 126 were disappointed when Dana White said at a Fan Expo question-and-answer session Friday that the fight might not happen after all. "I don't...
  36. Jon Jones Says Ryan Bader Fight Is Still On For UFC 126
    If Jon Jones isn't fighting Ryan Bader in February at UFC 126, nobody's told him. The fast-rising light heavyweight today told a gathered crowd at the UFC Fan Expo London 2010 at London's Earls Court...
  37. UFC vs. WEC superfights? Showcase fights? UFC exec finally admits possibility
    LONDON – Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar? Benson Henderson vs. B.J. Penn? For more than a year, Zuffa officials have been adamant with decries that the Ultimate Fighting Championship and its sister...
  38. Steve Cantwell Explains Injury That Forced Him Off UFC 120
    LONDON -- Steve Cantwell just can't buy a break. The light heavyweight was forced to pull out of his UFC 120 fight against Stanislav Nedkov Friday morning after suffering a knee injury in training on...
  39. White Talks Fedor, Overeem and Co-Promotion
    It's been a couple of years since Dana White went on an international trip to try and negotiate a deal to bring Fedor Emelianenko to the UFC, but it is still a hot button subject with a great many...
  40. Is Dan Hardy A Stepping Stone-Or A Scary Mofo?
    If Hardy has his way today at UFC 120 against Carlos Condit, the latter. "[Carlos Condit] admits this is the biggest fight of his UFC career and he wants to use me as a stepping stone to a shot at...
    Pages: 2
  41. UFC 120 Bonuses: Four Fighters Bank $60K
    Before his encounter with Carlos Condit, Dan Hardy had never before been knocked out. In MMA, such streaks are notoriously fleeting. Condit parked Hardy with a left hook and follow-up ground strike,...
  42. Victorious Bisping Looking for Wanderlei Rematch
    “I feel I’ve grown as a fighter. If I can’t do it now I’m never going to do it,” he asserted. That’s not to say that the confident Brit has his sights set on champion Anderson Silva just yet....
  43. Condit Wants Winner of Kampmann vs. Shields
    Former WEC welterweight titleholder Carlos Condit stunned the O2 Arena in London by knocking out favored Dan Hardy in the first round of their important 170-pound matchup at UFC 120 on Saturday....
  44. UFC 120 reportedly sets European attendance record with 17,133 at The O2
    LONDON – As expected, Saturday's "UFC 120: Bisping vs. Akiyama" set the UFC's European record for attendance with a reported total of 17,133 spectators packing The O2 in London. The show also...
  45. Jardine vs. France tops Nov. 13 Nemesis Fighting event in Dominican Republic
    Notables such as Keith Jardine, Paul Buentello, Dean Lister, Jeff Curran and Eliot Marshall have been booked for November's "Nemesis Fighting: MMA Global Invasion" event. Fans can attend the unique...
  46. UFC brass: British MMA far from dead, local talent not required for expansion
    LONDON – Aside from a last-minute save by main-event winner Michael Bisping, Saturday's UFC 120 card in London wasn't exactly a shining moment for British MMA. Three of the country's biggest stars –...
  47. Jens Pulver: There is no place for me in this sport
    "The reality is there is not place for me in this sport ... I dont know the business sense, I don't know what I am doing, these people just take advantage of you ... the strong survive don't even...
  48. Tito Ortiz: 'The last time I felt like this was when I had my world title'
    "I told myself I would never take a fight like I did last year ever again. I promised myself I'd never do that, because I never want to give a guy an opportunity to beat me again. I feel great, man....
  49. Jose Aldo Hints At Possible WEC Title Defense Against Mark Hominick In January
    That's what he suggested to the TATAME in Brazil. "Whoever it may be, I always respect everybody. We may already have a title defense in January with Mark Hominick, a Canadian very good in...
  50. Fedor's SF Future To Be Determined As Soon As Today
    M-1 Global president Vadim Finkelchtein says he'll know as soon as today if Fedor Emelianenko's obligation to Strikeforce ends with his next fight. The executive said his company "primarily" is...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716