MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Vitor Belfort calls for fight with James Toney....under Boxing rules
    link Vitor Belfort has called for UFC president Dana White to allow him to fight James Toney - under boxing rules. Apparently Belfort also wants the UFC to stage the boxing match itself, presumably...
  2. TapouT, Silver Star, & Hitman Sold
    Once rivals, TapouT, Silver Star Casting Co., and Hitman Fight Gear are now on the same team. Bloomberg on Monday night reported that the three key mixed martial arts clothing brands have been...
  3. HARDY: "There's too much wrestling in the UFC..."
    "Rather than saying 'oh, these guys can't wrestle', I think the problem is there's beginning to be too much wrestling in UFC Octagon, not too little of it in the gym. There are a lot of people out...
  4. Shine GP unsanctioned, fighters will be suspended
    MMARising.com has confirmed that all fighters on this Friday’s Shine Fights card in Newkirk, Oklahoma will face ineligibility suspensions for taking part in an unsanctioned event. The suspensions,...
  5. NATE DIAZ: "I want to try and get a belt here sometime."
    Nate Diaz has been flawless in his two showings since moving up in weight class from the lightweight division, finishing reputable welterweights Rory Markham and Marcus Davis. “Whatever they want to...
  6. DirecTV Says Yes to Shine Fights, No to Shark Fights
    We have a weird weekend in mixed martial arts ahead of us, with two different pay-per-view shows even as the UFC is sitting the weekend out. But if you're a DirecTV subscriber, you have only one...
  7. Alex Karalexis Off WEC 51, Jason Reinhardt In
    Although the reasons for his pulling out are not yet known, officials confirmed today that Alex Karalexis is now off WEC 51. He was to have faced debuting fighter Zhang Tie Quan. Jason Reinhardt, who...
  8. UFC releases heavyweight prospect Todd Duffee
    WTF!? Heavyweight prospect Todd Duffee (6-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) is a free agent. A little more than one year after Duffee burst onto the UFC scene with a seven-second knockout of Tim Hague, the...
  9. Shine Fights clears hurdle, no injunction
    link Shine Fights has stumbled over numerous hurdles over the past four months, but one that it has cleared, or at least sidestepped, is the Oklahoma Professional Boxing Commission.
  10. Reudiger vs Kelly set for UFC 123
    link Two lightweights may be battling for their UFC careers in November as Gabe Ruediger will get another crack in the Octagon as he faces British fighter Paul Kelly at UFC 123 in Detroit. The fight...
  11. Dana: Shields may get next title shot instead of Fitch
    link Jon Fitch is not a lock to get the next welterweight title shot, it has been confirmed by UFC president Dana White, who says that Jake Shields and Martin Kampmann may also be in the mix....
  12. Clint Godfrey Off WEC 51, Nick Pace In (Updated)
    For the second time today a WEC 51 fighter has been removed from the card, and in a bit of irony for the second straight time in his case it's Clint Godfrey. WEC announced today Godfrey is now off...
  13. Thiago Silva vs. Brandon Vera Targeted For UFC 125
    A pair of light heavyweights looking to rebound from recent high-profile losses will likely meet in January in what could easily be viewed as a "must-win" for both contestants involved. UFC is...
  14. Demian Maia vs. Kendall Grove Possible For TUF 12 Finale
    According to TUF 3 winner Kendall Grove's Twitter account, his next fight will be at the TUF 12 Finale against Demian Maia. Not much light has been shed on “The Ultimate Fighter Season 12” finale,...
  15. Overeem-Edwards, Le Banner-Kyotaro Announced for K-1 Final 16
    K-1 President Sadaharu Tanigawa revealed two fights for the K-1 World GP FINAL 16 to be held on October 2 in Seoul, South Korea. Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem will face Ben...
  16. DEEP Starting to Confirm Leaked 10th Anniversary Card
    DEEP has announced five more fights for their 10th Anniversary DEEP 50th Impact event, confirming some of the bouts leaked by ticketing service E-Plus, Ryo Chonan vs Jung Hwan Cha, Hidetaka Monma vs...
  17. George Sotiropoulos vs. Joe Lauzon in the Works for UFC 123
    There's a fantastic lightweight match-up brewing between up-and-coming division prospects Joe Lauzon and George Sotiropoulos, as the Ultimate Fighter (TUF) veterans are currently in talks to throw...
  18. Jim Miller Would Fight Teammate Frankie Edgar
    The subject of teammate vs. teammate, or training partners fighting in MMA has become one of the hottest topics of the day. With more and more fighters flocking to major camps all over the world,...
  19. Rousimar Palhares Doesn't Want To Hurt Opponents, He Wants To Finish Them Quickly
    And he makes that clear in response to criticism he's faced since his win over Tomasz Drwal at UFC 111. “Murilo always told me to wait until the referee stops the fight. He had problems with [fake...
  20. KJ Noons Willing To Stand & Trade With Manny Pacquiao In MMA Fight
    And in boxing for good measure. And he's up for Floyd Mayweather in boxing too. "I would love to welcome Pacquiao into MMA. It would be an ideal situation for him because I don't take guys down to...
  21. Aurelio Out Of Shine Fights Tournament, Questionable For DREAM
    PRIDE and UFC veteran Marcus Aurelio today said that an elbow injury he sustained two weeks ago will keep him from fighting in Shine Fights' single-night eight-man tournament on Friday in Newkirk,...
  22. Florian Hires Wrestling Coach, Back in 5 Months
    link "I'm more motivated than ever. I'm pissed, to be honest. I want to crush my training. That's what I'm focused on right now. I just hired the assistant wrestling coach at Boston University (Sean...
  23. Lentz vs Griffin headed to UFC 123
    link Two very tough lightweights with wrestling pedigrees will match-up at UFC 123 in Detroit as Nik Lentz, coming off a win at UFC 118, takes on Xtreme Couture fighter Tyson Griffin. The bout was...
  24. Thomson vs JZ set for Strikeforce Oct 9
    link Fighting in enemy territory is nothing new for Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante after years of fighting in Japan, but now the American Top Team fighter will step into a similar situation as he faces Josh...
  25. Shark Fights donating portion of PPV sales to help children of fallen American soldiers
    link Freedom Alliance is a 501(c)(3), educational and charitable organization, which sponsors numerous programs and activities aimed at supporting and honoring service members and their families.
  26. DirecTV Won't Offer Shine Fights
    link "We pulled it off the schedule given the possibility that the event may be canceled based on the last-minute venue change and we do not want to put our customers in the position having to get...
  27. Sean Sherk: Evan Dunham Won't Do Anything That I Haven't Seen Or Had Done To Me Before
    And he thinks it's just another step in the road back to the UFC Lightweight Championship, and apparently Sherk isn't afraid to be a little cocky ahead of UFC 119. "What I do works and I'm not going...
  28. David Heath Filing Lawsuit Against Shine Fights
    Another day, another potential major issue for Shine Fights. One of the fighters scheduled for the last-minute-scratch 5/15 event, David "Not Gangrel" Heath, says he will sue the promotion next week...
  29. Siver vs. Winner Planned for UFC 122 in Germany
    A lightweight bout between Dennis Siver and Andre Winner is planned for UFC 122 in Germany, sources told MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani on Thursday. The event will be the UFC's second in Germany and...
  30. Thiago Silva "Anxious" To Stand And "Bang" With Brandon Vera
    But first, as he tells the TATAME, he's gotta get that bad back of his fixed. "Everything depends on the athlete. To get there really hungry for the win sometimes is not a good thing, but everyone is...
  31. Darren Elkins vs. newcomer Edson Barboza planned for UFC 123 event
    Undefeated Brazilian lightweight Edson Barboza (6-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) likely will serve the first obligation of a multi-fight deal with the UFC when he meets Darren Elkins (11-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) at UFC 123....
  32. Shine Fights Announces Pairings for Friday's Lightweight Tournament
    It's been an interesting – and mostly rough – road leading to Shine Fights' lightweight tournament. But two days before the event, the promotion made official its grand prix pairings. As Shine Fights...
  33. Nate Marquardt on MMA Nation: Overcoming the Loss to Chael Sonnen, Preparing for Rousimar Palhares and Looking for the Next Title Shot
    Last week on MMA Nation on 106.7 The Fan, we caught up with perennial UFC middleweight contender Nate "The Great" Marquardt. There was much to discuss as we wanted to gauge his reaction to the...
  34. Damacio Page vs. Eddie Wineland slated for WEC 52 in November
    link A bantamweight bout between rising contenders Damacio Page (12-4 MMA, 4-2 WEC) and Eddie Wineland (17-6-1 MMA, 4-2 WEC) has been targeted for November's WEC 52 event.
  35. McCray vs Rocha at UFC 122
    link Spending time in Germany growing up taught Kris McCray how to speak the native tongue, and he'll get the chance to show that off as the 11th season "Ultimate Fighter" runner-up will head to...
  36. Bellator 28 Quick Results
    link An exciting night of fights for Bellator as they put on a show for New Orleans tonight. As the Saints win the NFL season opener and fans rejoice, others are left with bitter dissappointment for...
  37. Santos vs. Blanco, bantamweight tourney pairings set for SRC 15
    The fight card for World Victory Road's upcoming Sengoku Raiden Championship 15 event is taking shape with the addition of a fight between lightweights Leonardo Santos (8-3 MMA, 2-1 SRC) and Maximo...
  38. Dave Herman vs. Ricco Rodriguez booked for Bellator 31 event
    A major heavyweight bout has been added to this month's Bellator 31 event. During Thursday's Bellator broadcast on FOX Sports Net, officials confirmed a Sept. 30 booking between top heavyweight...
  39. Unbeaten newcomers Pascal Krauss and Kenny Robertson targeted for UFC 122
    A bout between promotional newcomers and undefeated welterweights Pascal Krauss (9-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) and Kenny Robertson (10-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is expected to take place at UFC 122. MMAjunkie.com...
  40. Nogueira: I Guarantee That I'm Going To Give Ryan Bader The First Loss Of His Career
    And yes, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira uttered the dreaded "G" word. "I guarantee that I'm going to give (Ryan Bader) his first loss of his career. It would be very gratifying for me to show my fans a...
  41. TSN outlines upcoming UFC fights featuring Canadians
    http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=333287 UFC president Dana White isn't exaggerating when he discusses his sport's popularity in Canada. With mixed martial arts now legalized in Ontario, the UFC is...
  42. Tim Sylvia to Compete in Japanese Pro Wrestling
    Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia will try his hands at the professional wrestling game later this month in Japan – and may be joined by fellow heavyweights Josh Barnett and Bob Sapp, both...
  43. Paul Daley Unhappy With The Method Of His UFC Dismissal
    He's not unhappy with getting Das Boot, he's unhappy with the fact that Dana White didn't tell it to him personally. "[Knowing] Dana White's character, I would have expected nothing less than getting...
  44. Shinya Aoki: BJ Penn Didn't Lose; Wrestlers Have No Risk
    "I am really a huge fan of BJ Penn, he is one of my favorite fighters. He lost by decision. When we look at martial arts in it's most extreme form, we need to win by submission or knockout. In that...
  45. Rick Story vs Johny Hendricks tapped for The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale main card
    link A welterweight bout between rising contenders Rick Story (11-3 MMA, 4-1 UFC) and Johny Hendricks (9-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) is slated for The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale in December. A source close to...
  46. Houston Alexander: I Proved That You Never Give Up
    When Houston Alexander burst into national consciousness with back-to-back highlight-reel stoppages in the UFC, "The Assassin" seemed primed to provide the world with and endless stream of...
  47. HDNet To Get UFC Access
    After years of a relationship that could best be termed "sometimes rocky," billionaire businessman and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has settled his differences with UFC president Dana White – at...
  48. Let the smack talk begin: Mir on CroCop
    link Frank Mir has taken his first verbal shots at UFC 119 opponent Mirko ‘CroCop’ Filipovic, accusing the Croatian of ‘making excuses’ and claiming he will submit the PRIDE FC grand prix champion...
  49. Jorge Masvidal signs with Strikeforce
    Jorge Masvidal (20-6), who recently dropped a decision to #10 Ranked Welterweight, Paul Daley, has signed with Strikeforce, and will be dropping back down to lightweight. "I signed a 6 fight, 2 year...
  50. Strikeforce inks heavyweight notable Josh Barnett
    Former UFC champion and longtime top-10 heavyweight Josh Barnett has inked a multi-fight deal with Strikeforce, officials today announced. Terms of the deal and a debut date were not disclosed. The...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716