MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. UFC 124 GSP vs Kos 2, December 11, Montreal
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08/30/georges-st-pierre-vs-josh-koscheck-ii-to-take-place-in-montreal/ The Ultimate Fighting Championship is coming back to Montreal, and the event will be headlined...
  2. James "No Bitch" Toney Wants Randy "Real Man" Couture To Return The Favor And Come To Boxing
    Yes, the boxer still wants a piece of "The Natural" even after UFC 118-albeit in boxing this time as Toney called out Couture once again. But a little more respectfully this time. "My thing with...
  3. Fedor To Be Featured On Best Of PRIDE Season 2
    Fedor Emelianenko may never step foot in the UFC’s Octagon, but the biggest MMA promotion in the world won’t ignore what the Russian was able to accomplish during his days with Pride Fighting...
  4. Jorge Santiago wants to fight again in the U.S.
    link Sengoku officials require him to defend his belt once every six months, but that doesn't mean Santiago wants to wait that long. He's open to proving his talents once again in the U.S.,...
  5. Sengoku's bantamweight quarterfinals set with Inoue, Shimizu, Nakahara, Tamura
    link With today's announcement of four new participants, the field is set for World Victory Road/Sengoku's Asian bantamweight grand prix. As MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported this past...
  6. Herman Scratched from Shark Fights 13 Due to Bellator Litigation
    link Shark Fights has dropped heavyweight Dave Herman from its Sept. 11 event in Amarillo, Texas, due to his pending litigation with rival promotion Bellator Fighting Championships. Herman was to...
  7. WEC version of TUF coming
    link With the season 12 debut of the "Ultimate Fighter" just a couple of weeks away, the UFC is mapping out the future of the reality show that will include an international flavor and a WEC version...
  8. Gray Maynard Isn't Finishing His Opponents-But Neither Is Anyone Else
    And he doesn't understand what the fuss is all about with regards to his last 7 wins-all decisions. "That's what I keep telling people! Who is stopping them? Name a name and I'll bow down, but who is...
  9. Kimbo Slice: UFC Ain't Done Nothing to Me Except Put More Money in My Pockets
    Kimbo Slice is the same person he's always been, the former street brawler-turned-MMA fighter and now professional boxer said Monday, reflecting on his stint with the UFC. "I've always been the same...
  10. Florian Says Wrestling Ability, Not Mental Game Responsible for UFC 118 Loss
    UFC president Dana White saw Kenny Florian's loss to Gray Maynard at UFC 118 on Saturday night as yet another sign that Florian cracks under the pressure of the big fights, falling short just as he's...
  11. Demian Maia Talks Mario Miranda Win, Hints at Move to Welterweight
    "(Mario Miranda) defends really well, and in really sticky situations, where you have to defend taking blows. Sport Jiu-Jitsu is one thing, MMA is really different. He defended really well in...
  12. Kazuo Misaki Injected Painkillers on His Ankle Before His SRC 14 Bout Against Jorge Santiago
    Kazuo Misaki talked to the press about his epic bout against Jorge Santiago, and mentioned something that is pretty bothering. He injured his leg about a month ago, and even had to inject painkillers...
  13. UFC 118 weigh-ins draw 380,000 viewers on Spike TV, ratings "pretty good"
    Spike TV's live broadcast of this past week's UFC 118 weigh-ins resulted in an average audience of 380,000 viewers, an industry source today confirmed with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). The Aug....
  14. Dana White To Address Oxford Union Society During UFC 120
    Winston Churchill, Jimmy Carter, Albert Einstein, Richard Nixon, the Queen of England, Henry Kissinger, the Dalai Lama, Mother Teresa, Bobby Kennedy, Stephen Hawking, Richard Dawkins, Clint...
  15. UFC 118 Prelims: 1.1 Million Viewers
    This past weekend's "UFC Prelims" special on Spike TV drew a series-low 1.1 million viewers. Nevertheless, the one-hour special drew a 0.83 household rating and was the highest-rated cable program in...
  16. Brett Rogers Meets Ruben Villareal At W-1 On 10/23
    Strikeforce fighter Brett Rogers will meet fellow heavyweight Ruben Villareal at an October event in Canada. The W-1 MMA organization hosts the show, "W-1: New Ground," on Oct. 23 at the Halifax...
  17. DREAM Rep On FEG Future: We Need Investment Money, That's The Bottom Line
    PUJI Capitol is conducting an internal review of Fighting and Entertainment Group's (FEG) assets and liabilities in advance of a push to attract investors to the struggling fight promotion. "The...
  18. Bellator signs undefeated WW prospect Chris Lozano
    Bellator announced the signing one of MMAs top prospects and one of my closest friends today Chris "The Assassin" Lozano Chris has devestating power in both hands, as well as a full arsenal of kicks...
  19. B.J. Penn Can Make a Comeback, but Does He Want To?
    I don't know what's more troubling about B.J. Penn's most recent loss -- the fact that he posted a video to his website that sounded oddly like a precursor to a farewell the day after his defeat at...
  20. Do Frankie Edgar and Dominick Cruz Represent a Trend of MMA Going All Floyd Mayweather?
    I grew up on boxing. Some of my earliest memories involve watching the Muhammad Ali-Joe Frazier "Thrilla in Manilla" live on ABC TV in the afternoon with my big brothers. I was the only devoted Larry...
  21. Lauzon Is Cool - Reudiger? Not So Much...
    There was a bit of a rivalry between Joe Lauzon and Gabe Ruediger heading into their fight on Saturday night at UFC 118, but the Boston native settled that score pretty quickly as he laid a one-sided...
  22. Tapout Sold to Billionaire Warren Buffet?
    MMA’s top clothing brand TapouT has been synonymous with the sport for over 10 years, but their future could hold many changes. Sources close to TapouT have told MMAPrime.TV that the company will...
  23. Ryan Bader Plans On Finishing Minotoro Nogueira At UFC 119
    And after that he's thinking...Jon Jones? "Yes I do feel confident standing with Nog. He has great boxing, and great counter punches. The thing is, this is MMA and with 4 oz gloves on anything can...
  24. Marloes Coenen Ready For An "Explosive" Fight Against Sarah Kaufman
    And after her Strikeforce 135 Women's Title shot, she's eyeing a potential Cristiane Santos rematch, and offers an interesting take on her loss to Mrs. Cyborg. "The (Santos) loss didn't make me...
  25. Detroit Suburbs To Host UFC 123 On 11/20
    For the first time in more than 14 years and 150 events, the Ultimate Fighting Championship is heading to Michigan. UFC 123, which takes place Nov. 20, will be hosted by the 23,000-seat Palace of...
  26. UFC 125 Slotted For January 1 In Vegas
    The UFC's traditional year-end show will be a first-of-the-year event with UFC 125 tentatively scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 1 in Las Vegas. The event kicks off a new year for the UFC, which hosts an...
  27. Alan Belcher Faces Possible Retirement From Eye Injury
    Story "Worst case is I don't get any better than this and I'm only working with one eye and then I probably don't want to risk fighting again with only one eye, cause if I lose that one, then I'm...
  28. Bellator Adds Lyman Good vs. Ben Askren To Bellator 33
    October's Bellator 33 fight card has another big addition. A week after the organization announced a headlining non-title fight between lightweight champ Eddie Alvarez and Roger Huerta, a five-round...
  29. Gabe Ruediger Promised Another UFC Fight
    Despite a less-than-impressive return to the organization, Gabe Ruediger will get another fight in the UFC. Ruediger, who failed to make weight and then flamed out of "The Ultimate Fighter 5" cast...
  30. UFC 118 Fighter Payouts
    The Massachusetts State Athletic Commission has released the official fighter payouts form Saturday's UFC 118. The total disclosed payouts were $1,428,000 with the biggest share-$500,000-going to...
  31. UFC 118 Medical Suspensions
    The Massachusetts State Athletic Commission today announced the medical suspensions from UFC 1118. 10 fighters are suspended at least 30 days with no contact for 21 days, with only 2 fighters getting...
  32. UFC 118 Draws 14,168 For $2.8 Million Gate
    The MSAC today announced that UFC 118 drew a total of 14,168 attendees for a live gate of $2.8 million. The attendance was 11,205 paid and 2963 comps. UFC originally claimed 15,575 and a $3 million...
  33. Karo Parisyan Welcomed Back to UFC - Offered Dennis Hallman at UFC 123
    Less than a year after Dana White tweeted that Karo Parisyan would never fight again in the UFC, "The Heat" has been welcomed back to the organization and offered a fight against Dennis Hallman at...
    Pages: 2
  34. FightMetric to Be the UFC's Official Statistics Provider
    FightMetric® is now the official statistics provider of the Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®), supplying the world's first comprehensive mixed martial arts (MMA) statistics and analysis system...
  35. Thiago Alves vs. John Howard Targeted For UFC 124
    In this case it was not quite asketh & ye shall receiveth. Just one day after Thiago Alves welcomed a fight with Mike Pierce after being called out by Pierce for a fight at UFC 123, he winds up with...
  36. Trainer says James Toney back to MMA after IBA title defense, with or without UFC
    James Toney is set to defend his IBA heavyweight title on Nov. 5 in New Orleans, but he's not done with MMA. Toney made that decision in the locker room of Boston's TD Garden moments after UFC Hall...
  37. Big Nog Rooting For Cro Cop To Beat Mir In Indianapolis
    And he explains why very simply: "I'm rooting for Cro Cop. He's more humble! (laughs) Watch TUF and tell me why!" Frank Mir, Minotauro's opponent-to-have-been at UFC 119, coached opposite Nogueira on...
  38. Rob Kimmons & Kyle Noke Meet At UFC 122
    While the UFC has yet to officially announce its return to Germany, the evening's planned fight card continues to take shape. The latest addition to the UFC 122 lineup features a middleweight matchup...
  39. Frank Mir: 'I can beat Cro Cop in more ways than he can beat me'
    "I think Crocop is still the same individual we saw in PRIDE. I think a lot of guys have seen enough tape on him to know that if you walk away from him or stand there in front of him you could be in...
  40. Chael Sonnen: 'Nothing in my career has changed ... I'm the best fighter'
    "There’s absolutely going to be a sequel. Part two is tentatively scheduled for New Year’s weekend, it may take place Super Bowl weekend. Either way, it will be in Vegas. Last time I defeated the...
  41. New York Assemblyman Bob Reilly explains anti-MMA stance on HDNet's 'Inside MMA' (Video)
    Bob Reilly explains his view of MMA and why he is strongly opposed to it being legal. Link to video
  42. Karlos Vemola Drops To 205, To Meet Petruzelli At UFC 122
    More European talent is headed toward UFC 122 in Oberhausen, Germany. After making his UFC debut at Heavyweight, Karlos Vemola will now drop to Light Heavyweight and face Seth Petruzelli at 122....
  43. Report: Virginia KOs Shine Fights, 9/10 Event Going To Oklahoma
    Shine Fights is taking another one on the chin this week, this time from the Virginia Athletic Commission, who apparently wasn't on board with the promotion's decision to let the fans do their...
  44. Stephan Bonnar vs. Igor Pokrajac First TUF 12 Finale Fight
    It appears the Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale has it's first fight set: According to ESPN's Jon Anik, it's Stephan Bonnar vs. Igor Pokrajac. The finale is set for December 4 in Las Vegas. Article
  45. Drew McFedries, Marcus Hicks Off Shark Fights 13
    All mixed martial arts promotions are forced to deal with the reality of injuries, and the upstart Shark Fights organization is no exception. While the Texas-based promotion will host its first-ever...
  46. Tim Boetsch vs. Phil Davis Tapped For UFC 123
    Tim Boetsch & Phil Davis are Motor City bound. The Light Heavyweights have been tapped for a matchup at UFC 123 in the Detroit suburbs. Verbal agreements are in place, paperwork pending. Article
  47. Burning Money: The new UFC acquisition policy
    Article Article on a new trend in why the UFC is picking up a lot of odd guys lately, such as Ruediger and Parisyan.
  48. McFedries replacement is Danillo Villefort
    link Drew McFedries' loss is Danillo Villefort's (11-3) gain. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the American Top Team Fighter that he has verbally agreed to replace...
  49. Shinya Aoki vs. Marcus Aurelio among three contests added to DREAM.16
    With just about three weeks until DREAM.16, the Japanese-based organization has started to reveal a few details about the fight card. While a light heavyweight title fight between mini-grand-prix...
  50. Chuck Liddell To Decide Fight Future Sometime This Month
    So he says...and it seems he's still undecided. "It's about how I feel and if I want to go back and make a run at a title and how far away that would be. And whatever I think is left in the tank....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716