MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. 2 Fights Added To Sengoku 14, Gono Drops To Lightweight
    World Victory Road today announced two new bouts planned for Sengoku Raiden Championships 14. The fights include Takuya Sato vs. Motoki Miyazawa in a Welterweight fight and the Lightweight debut of...
  2. Ratcliff-Horodecki Planned for WEC 51
    link Lightweight Ed Ratcliff has agreed to face Chris Horodecki at the not-yet-announced WEC 51 on Sept. 30 at the 1st Bank Center in Broomfield, Colo., his trainer Eric Del Fierro confirmed with...
  3. Herman, Bellator Locked in Legal Battle
    link Bellator attorney Patrick English confirmed to Sherdog.com on Tuesday that Herman will not be taking the eighth and final slot in the field, as the fighter and promotion are embroiled in...
  4. Ross Pearson Is "A Far Better Striker Than BJ Penn"
    At least the TUF 9 winner thinks he is. “We’re all very good at doing what we like to do. BJ’s ground game and wrestling is unbelievable, but I feel I’m a far better striker than he is. I might never...
    Pages: 2
  5. Michael Bisping Already Spending His FOTN Bonus For UFC 120
    In his head, that is. The TUF 3 winner seems convinced his fight with Yoshihiro Akiyama in October will be the Fight Of The Night in front of the hometown crowd. “The British fans have always given...
  6. Matyushenko: My Job Is To Stop Jon Jones From Getting To The Top
    The world's most dangerous "Janitor," Vladimir Matyushenko, plans on mopping up the mess Jon Jones has made in the light heavyweight division when they clash at UFC on Versus 2 on Aug. 1 in San...
  7. There's no pro boxer in Couture's camp to mimic Toney
    "I have no intention and no illusion that I'm a world class boxer," said Couture. "I'm a mixed martial artist. I've won the majority of my fights by taking guys down, putting them on their back and...
  8. Sliva will be waiting on Gsp if he can make the weight
    It could be the biggest fight in UFC history. It could break all the records. And according to UFC president Dana White, everyone keeps asking for it, so he might just have to give it to them. The...
  9. DREAM 16 Set For 9/25 In Japan
    As expected the Japanese-based DREAM organization returns Sept. 25 for DREAM.16. The event takes place at Nippon Gaishi Hall in Nagoya, Japan, and airs in North America on HDNet. No fighters have...
  10. Strikeforce Confirms Tournament To Determine #2 Women's 135 Contender
    The first-ever female tournament in Strikeforce history is now complete. Strikeforce officials today announced that Hitomi Akano, Carina Damm, Maiju Kujala and Miesha Tate will compete in a...
  11. Matt Hamill vs. Tito Ortiz Added To UFC 121
    At UFC 121, teacher will meet student. The teacher is TUF 3 coach Tito Ortiz, the student is TUF 3 alum Matt Hamill, who will face off at the event. No word yet on placement but it likely will be...
  12. Stanislav Nedkov Off UFC 117, Davis Named Replacement
    It appears that Stanislav Nedkov is now off UFC 117 due to an as-yet-unknown injury. He was to have faced Rodney Wallace. Undefeated rising prospect Phil Davis has been tapped as the replacement for...
  13. Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Brendan Schaub Expected For UFC 121
    A busy day of upcoming UFC fight announcements got bigger today with the addition of a Heavyweight fight to UFC 121. Former title challenger Gabriel Gonzaga is set to meet TUF 10 alum Brendan Schaub...
  14. Todd Duffee vs. Jon Madsen Added To UFC 121
    UFC 121's card continues to fill up rapidly today, another Heavyweight fight has been added-this time it's Todd Duffee vs. Jon Madsen. Verbal agreements in place, paperwork pending. Article
  15. Chas Skelly Off Bellator 28 With Injury
    Easy come, easy go. Chas Skelly's planned run with Bellator lasted only a few hours-earlier today he was announced for Bellator 28, where he was to face Georgi Karakhanyan for a likely spot in season...
  16. Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs. Dan Hornbuckle Not Happening At Bellator 25
    Despite recent reports, former UFC fighter Yoshiyuki Yoshida and Bellator season 2 welterweight-tournament runner-up Dan Hornbuckle are not fighting next month at Bellator 25. Yoshida reportedly is...
  17. Massachusetts Eliminates Double Weigh-In Policy For MMA
    A recent change in mixed martial arts regulation in the state of Massachusetts has eliminated the need for double weigh-ins. The change is the latest adjustment to regulation of MMA in Massachusetts,...
  18. Fedor Emelianenko: 'Jiu-jitsu is nothing special -- my loss was caused by my personal mistake'
    "Sambo is great. Jiu-jitsu is nothing special. We went over several jiu-jitsu guys like that before. I lost because of what happened. My loss was caused by my personal mistake in the cage… I lost my...
  19. Jorge Rivera Off UFC 118
    A broken arm has forced Jorge Rivera out of his UFC 118 bout with fellow middleweight Alessio Sakara. Rivera first announced the news via his Facebook page, though UFC officials have not removed the...
  20. MM-Nay: Vancouver Bids MMA Sanctioning "Adieu"
    Well, it was fun while it lasted. Councillors in the city of North Vancouver voted to disband the North Vancouver Athletic Commission on Monday after former chairman Mirko Mladenovic was impeached...
  21. Tavares Now Off UFC On Versus 2
    Thiago Tavares officially is now off next month's UFC on Versus 2 fight card. He was originally scheduled to face newcomer Willamy Friere (Chequerim) but Friere had to pull off due to injury, and UFC...
  22. Top 10 most under-appreciated Fighters in MMA
    In any major sport there will always be the big stars, the breakout performers, and the face of promotions. On the flip side there are the work horses, the guys that do the grunt work and don't get...
  23. MMA's 10 Funniest Moments
    link For all the brutal KOs, all out wars, and sublime submission finishes that the glorious sport of MMA provides its fans, there are more than a few funny moments as well. So here are my top 10...
  24. UFC Continues Anti-Piracy Battle, Subpoenas Justin.tv & Ustream.tv
    The world's largest pay-per-view content provider shows no signs of slowing its anti-piracy efforts. Ultimate Fighting Championship officials today announced they have subpoenaed Justin.tv and...
  25. Lyoto Machida Vs. Rampage Jackson at UFC 123
    Former light heavyweight champions Lyoto Machida and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson are expected to meet at an as of yet unannounced event in the fall, possibly in November. The fight was confirmed to...
  26. Gerald Harris To Replace Rivera Against Sakara At UFC 118
    Jorge Rivera's loss will be Gerald Harris' gain. Harris has verbally agreed to step in for an injured Rivera to face Alessio Sakara at UFC 118. Paperwork pending. Harris fights for the fourth time in...
  27. Tito Ortiz Loves Matt Hamill, Vows To Cave His Face In
    Or as the old saying goes, "nothing personal. It's just business." That'll be the case when the TUF 3 coach & student face off at UFC 121, which Ortiz relunctantly has signed his contract for. "Matt,...
  28. Joey Villasenor vs. Drew McFedries added to stacked Shark Fights 13 card
    link In his first post-UFC fight, Drew McFedries (8-6) meets Strikeforce veteran and fellow middleweight Joey Villasenor (27-7) as part of Shark Fights 13's impressive lineup.
  29. Del Rosario Calls Out Andrei Arlovski after Strikeforce Challengers win
    link Del Rosario said afterward that he wanted to take on former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski, and that fight could make sense. Del Rosario is ready for the big time.
  30. Jason “Mayhem” Miller vs. Nick Diaz possible for Strikeforce in October
    link "We’re trying to put Nick Diaz together,” said Mayhem during a recent Joe Rogan podcast. “We got a little grudge match.” While nothing is set in stone at this point, Mayhem indicated that the...
  31. Bellator Offers Disgruntled Heavyweight Dave Herman Bout vs. Ricco Rodriguez
    link Heavyweight prospect Dave Herman is currently embroiled in a breach of contract lawsuit against Bellator, but the promotion has made another attempt at reconciliation, offering him a Sept. 9...
  32. Faber has plans to fight at 145 and 135 pounds
    link Faber is expected to return at the Sept. 30 WEC 51 event instead. The fight will still be at 135 pounds, but it’s not a permanent move.
  33. Tachi Palace Fights Awaiting Approval for McCullough vs. Hill Co-Main Event
    link Former WEC lightweight champion "Razor" Rob McCullough and UFC fighter Corey Hill have agreed to fight in the co-main event of Tachi Palace Fights' upcoming sixth event on Sept. 9 in Lemoore,...
  34. Why Didn't Pat Barry Follow Cro Cop To The Ground After Flooring Him At UFC 115?
    Because according to Barry it's kinda hard to do so with a broken hand. And it hurt. "The world couldn't see it because the camera wasn't close enough to my face, but as soon as I broke my hand –...
  35. Jeff Lawson vs. Hatsu Hioki A Late Addition To Sengoku 14
    World Victory Road has added one more fight to their upcoming Sengoku/SRC 14 event, a Featherweight fight between TUF 9 castmember Jeff Lawson & fan favorite Hatsu Hioki. The 2 fighters have a...
  36. How Many Wins Before Jon Jones Gets A Title Shot?
    UFC UK President Marshall Zelaznik thinks that if Jones wins at UFC on Versus 2, maybe a year or so assuming he can get a couple more wins in a row. "Jon just burst onto the scene but has looked so...
  37. Stanislav Nedkov vs. Steve Cantwell Slated For UFC 120
    After being forced off UFC 117 with an undisclosed injury, Stanislav Nedkov is now scheduled to make his UFC debut against Steve Cantwell at UFC 120 in London. Verbal agreements are in place,...
  38. Despite Rumors, Erin Toughill Not Fighting At SF Houston
    Here we possibly go again...a heavily-rumored Erin Toughill vs. Shana Olsen fight at Strikeforce Houston, which could've put Toughill in line for Cristiane Santos had she won, is not happening....
  39. 'Big' John McCarthy to Return to Octagon at UFC on Versus 2
    Famed mixed martial arts referee "Big" John McCarthy will return to the UFC's octagon for the first time since 2007 when he oversees action during the upcoming UFC on Versus 2 show. McCarthy's wife...
  40. SF Challengers 9: 197,000 Viewers
    Ratings for this past weekend's Showtime-televised Strikeforce Challengers 9 event proved solid as the show averaged an audience of 197,000 viewers. The peak audience actually came for the night's...
  41. UFC's "Bang" Ludwig recovering from broken leg, anticipates jump to welterweight
    Veteran fighter Duane "Bang" Ludwig hit the bag today for the first time since he suffered a grisly broken leg in a first-round loss to fellow lightweight Darren Elkins at UFC on Versus 1. Ludwig...
  42. Paul Daley Added To Shark Fights 13
    The Texas-based Shark Fights promotion has added further starpower to its already loaded Sept. 11 card. The promotion announced Monday that former UFC fighter Paul Dalery has signed a one-fight deal...
  43. WEC 50: Palaszewski vs. Micklewright Promoted To TV Card
    WEC has announced that a prelim match of Bart Palaszewski vs. Zack Mickleweight at WEC 50 has been promoted from prelim to main card and will air on TV. Although announced for the preliminary card,...
  44. Thiago Silva Off UFC 117 (Updated)
    Sources close to the fighter revealed today that Thiago Silva is now off UFC 117 due to an undisclosed injury. He was to have faced Tim Boetsch. No word yet on if UFC will be able to find a...
  45. Baroni off 118, collarbone UPDATE: Dan Miller steps up
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/20067/phil-baroni-off-ufc-118-card-due-to-collarbone-injury.mma UFC welterweight Phil Baroni (13-12 MMA, 3-6 UFC) is out of next month's UFC 118 event and his fight with...
  46. Ricardo Almeida Will Choke Out Anyone From Matt Hughes To His Own Momma
    Yes, he actually said that he would choke out his own mother. Just part of his "nothing personal, it's just business" take on his upcoming UFC 117 match with Hughes. "People say that he’s slowed...
  47. Shark Fights 13 Adds 6 More Fighters, Title Fight
    The biggest card in Shark Fights history just got some additional starpower. After already announcing four fights for the Sept. 11's main card, the Texas-based promotion unveiled a near-complete...
  48. Jon Jones attributes success to sheltered upbringing
    "My parents always kept us in the house. We weren't allowed to spend the night at other people's houses. We were sheltered kids. Now all the discipline that was instilled in me is coming out; I'm...
  49. Hamman vs. Kingsbury, Mitchell vs. Waldburger set for UFC Fight Night 22
    link Light heavyweights Jared Hamman (11-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) vs. Kyle Kingsbury (8-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and welterweights David Mitchell (11-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) vs. Anthony Waldburger (12-5 MMA, 0-0 UFC) are set...
  50. Jeremy Horn vs. tourney runner-up Bryan Baker targeted for Bellator 30
    link A middleweight bout between MMA iron man Jeremy Horn (86-19-5 MMA, 0-0 BFC) and season-two tournament runner-up Bryan Baker (13-2 MMA, 3-1 WEC) is expected to be part of September's Bellator 30...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716