MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Gegard Mousasi vs. Jake O'Brien completes DREAM.15 light-heavyweight grand prix
    Gegard Mousasi (28-3-1 MMA, 6-0 DREAM) and Jake O'Brien (13-3 MMA, 0-0 DREAM) have verbally agreed to meet at DREAM.15 in the promotion's scaled-down light-heavyweight grand prix. MMAjunkie.com...
  2. UFC 120: Dan Hardy vs Carlos Condit planned
    Former UFC welterweight number one contender Dan Hardy (23-7) will return to the Octagon in front of a hometown crowd when he clashes with former WEC welterweight champion Carlos Condit (25-5) at the...
  3. Tuesday Autopsy Scheduled For MMA Fighter Who Died After Pro Debut
    MMA fighter Michael Kirkham, who made his pro debut this past weekend after 4 amateur fights, today became the second MMA fighter to die as a result of injuries sustained in a pro MMA bout. Kirkham...
  4. "Fedor vs. Werdum" ratings up 56 percent, rates third-highest ever for Showtime
    While Showtime executives do not traditionally release ratings figures, early estimates for this past weekend's historic "Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum" co-promoted event put the...
  5. SF Fedor vs. Werdum: Estimated 500,000 Viewers
    While Showtime executives do not traditionally release ratings figures, early estimates for this past weekend's historic "Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum" co-promoted event put the...
  6. Thiago Alves vs. Jon Fitch official for co-main event of August's UFC 117 event
    A highly anticipated welterweight rematch between top contenders Thiago Alves (16-6 MMA, 9-3 UFC) and Jon Fitch (22-3 MMA, 12-1 UFC) is finally official. UFC officials announced that the long-rumored...
  7. Yager among four fighters released
    The UFC confirmed that 4 fighters have been released after losing their debut efforts on the The Ultimate Fighter 11 Finale. Josh Bryant, James Hammortree, Seth Baczynski, and Jamie Yager were all...
  8. Lift The Ban Watch: Not Likely In New York (Again)
    It's all but over again for efforts to legalize MMA in New York. Assembly Democrats stripped approval for the wildly popular violent sport from a budget bill that lawmakers will take up as soon as...
  9. UFC 113 Replay On Spike: 1.5 Million Viewers
    Spike TV's Saturday night re-broadcastof May's "UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun II" event drew an average audience of 1.5 million viewers, Spike TV officials today announced. The event was aired to...
  10. Bryan Caraway vs. Fredson Paixao official for August's WEC 50 in Las Vegas
    A featherweight bout between Bryan Caraway (14-4 MMA, 0-1 WEC) and Fredson Paixao (9-3 MMA, 1-1 WEC) – initially slated for WEC 47 in March but scratched when Caraway suffered a knee injury – is now...
  11. Undefeated Korean middleweight Dong Yi Yang inks deal with UFC
    Korean Top Team middleweight Dong Yi Yang (9-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will soon make his debut for the UFC. The world's biggest mixed martial arts promotion today announced that Yang is the newest member of...
  12. Shane Carwin, UFC Heavy-Fake Champion?
    Don't laugh, it's a title the Interim UFC Heavyweight Champion takes seriously...but it seems he's taken some lessons from the "real" champ. "Beating Brock does not make you Brock. I will still need...
  13. TUF 11 Finale Drug Tests All Clean
    Like many UFC events before it, The Ultimate Fighter 11 Finale was a drug-free zone. The NSAC revealed today that 13 fighters at the event, including main event winner Court McGee, were given drug...
  14. Zoila Frausto vs. Jessica Pene targeted for Bellator 25 on Aug. 19 in Chicago
    Two weeks ago, budding female prospect Zoila Frausto wasn't even a part of Bellator Fighting Championships' upcoming 115-pound female tournament. Now – courtesy of a devastating knockout of Rosi...
  15. Following Death Of Michael Kirkham, Opponent's Trainer Says Nothing Seemed Afoul
    Mark Greubel said Carlos Iraburo's knockout of Michael Kirkham at this past Saturday's "Confrontation at the Convocation Center" wasn't unlike thousands of fights he'd seen before. Greubel, who...
  16. Wiman vs. Danzig Rematch Possible For UFN 22
    Matt Wiman and Mac Danzig are headed back to the future on Sept. 15. The lightweights have reportedly been booked to rematch immediately at UFC Fight Night 22, which is scheduled to take place at the...
  17. Alistair Overeem vs. Ricco Rodriguez On Tap For DREAM 15
    Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem's next title defense is currently uncertain, but his next opponent isn't. Overeem has verbally agreed to face Ricco Rodriguez at DREAM 15 on July 10....
  18. Keith Jardine: I Can't Help But To Feel A Bit Like I'm Losing A Family
    That was the reaction of "The Dean Of Mean" to the news of his UFC release last week in comments made on his website, KeithJardine.net. "Last week I was let go by the UFC. I was sad to get the news...
  19. With strong UFC 116 ratings, UFC weigh-in broadcasts could return to Spike TV
    For the first time in three years, Spike TV will air a live UFC weigh-in special with the broadcast of Friday's UFC 116 official fighter weigh-ins. And though this week's live coverage is a one-time...
  20. Dana White Makes Latest "Stunning Announcement" Today
    And it's this: If you're going to UFC 116, leave your vuvuzelas at home. In what's likely more of a good-natured publicity stunt than a vital new policy, UFC officials today announced a ban of...
  21. UFN 22 Likely Headed To Austin
    The UFC's third trip to Texas is nearly a done deal. The promotion is in the final stages of securing the 16,000-seat Frank Erwin Center in Austin, Texas, for the Spike TV-televised UFC Fight Night...
  22. You're Going To See Brock Lesnar Knocked Out On The Canvas
    That's the near-guarantee made by Shane Carwin on ESPN's SportsCenter earlier today ahead of UFC 116's main event. "I'm not concerned at all (about conditioning), we have a great training camp and my...
  23. Cung Le Wants to Fight...but Not in a Tournament
    Coming off of a devastating victory over Scott Smith last weekend, Cung Le has some thoughts on his future with Strikeforce and MMA, but it's likely not a run in the rumored middleweight tournament...
  24. Boxing's David Haye Calls James Toney "Delusional" for Taking UFC Fight With Randy Couture
    "Six months of training isn’t going to be enough," Haye said. "As a UFC fan, I know two or three years wouldn’t be enough. How many times has Toney sprawled in his life? 500? How many leg kicks has...
  25. Brad Blackburn Off Tachi Palace Fights, War Machine Replacement
    That's right, War Machine fans-you've got one last chance to see your man fight before he's off to jail for a year. Brad Blackburn, who was to have faced John Alessio at next week's Tachi Palace...
  26. Brock Lesnar "Coming Home With The Belt Sunday Morning"
    Shane Carwin made his prediction for Saturday earlier today, and now the UFC Heavyweight Champion has made his, and it's not a surprise. "I've prepared. This fight I see it going either way. We can...
  27. Nogueira vs. Rampage Possible For September
    Although it may not be more than a rumor at this point, the boxing coach for Antonio Rogerio Nogueira told the TATAME website today that "Minotoro" likely will be back in September against Quinton...
  28. Strikeforce Releases Shields; Shields Wants Shot at Anderson Silva
    Strikeforce released its middleweight champion, Jake Shields, from his contract with the organization on Wednesday, according to an industry source with direct knowledge of the negotiations. The...
  29. Leben: UFC Made Offer I Couldn't Refuse, Akiyama Made It Personal
    Following one of the most impressive performances of his career in a win over Aaron Simpson at The Ultimate Fighter 11 Finale, middleweight slugger Chris Leben said he was in no rush to get back in...
  30. Fedor Doesn't Deserve To Step Inside The Octagon
    And according to Dana White, that's that. End of story. "Nope. Now I don't have to hear about him anymore. I like it.... He has star power? Nobody cares. Do you realize this is something that's been...
    Pages: 2
  31. Brock Lesnar Feels Fedor's Pain
    While all kinds of remarks have been made on Fedor Emelianenko's shocking loss to Fabricio Werdum this past Saturday in San Jose, Calif., one in particular surprised everybody today. UFC Heavyweight...
  32. Cain Velasquez Bringing Speed & Power To The Winner Of Lesnar-Carwin
    And he isn't concerned about giving up 20-25 pounds to either guy. "[I want to face] whoever the better fighter is. I want to fight the best. If Carwin keeps the fight standing, with his kind of...
  33. UFC Haters & Idiot Websites Think Alistair Overeem Is "The New Guy"
    And they are now in the crosshairs of one Dana White. "Here we go. Alistair Overeem is gonna be the new guy? Alistsair Overeem got knocked out by Chuck Liddell at 205. You know what’s funny? Because...
  34. SF Targeting Lawal vs. Feijao For 8/21
    Having already announced that Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion Muhammad Lawal would first defend his title on 8/21, SF today announced a likely challenger for Lawal: Rafael Cavalcante (Feijao)....
  35. Dana: Chuck's UFC Career Is Over
    And this time he means it. Dana White today told reporters at the UFC 116 pre-fight presser that his good friend Chuck Liddell will never fight in UFC again. "He'll never fight in the UFC again,"...
  36. Dana Confirms Velasquez Gets Lesnar-Carwin Winner For The HW Title
    As has long been expected, Dana White made it official today: Cain Velasquez gets the next UFC Heavyweight Title shot after UFC 116. No word on when that will be, but Dana says "probably as soon as...
  37. Brock Lesnar on the B.S. Report
    Brock Lesnar interviewed with Bill Simmons today for ESPN Radio and answered questions about his health, tactics for the upcoming fight, and the fight itself. Simmons isn't the most educated guy on...
  38. Sherdogs Latest P4P Rankings Via ESPN
    For 7½ years, Fedor Emelianenko was a fixture in the rarefied air of pound-for-pound lists. Not anymore. Emelianenko's shocking June 26 loss to Fabricio Werdum radically resculpted the face of the...
  39. Cung Le Out Of SF MW Tourney, Manhoef Eyed For Spot
    With Cung Le opting not to participate in Strikeforce's upcoming Middleweight Title Tournament, the field may now get a bit more "Marvelous". Scott Coker says Le plans to stick to superfights and not...
  40. Shogun Rua Out Until March, Leaving 205-Pound Division in Holding Pattern
    LAS VEGAS -- Rashad Evans won a light-heavyweight championship title opportunity when he beat Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in May, but he's going to have to wait a while to cash in his golden ticket....
  41. Kennedy vs. Souza, Noons vs. Gurgel in Works for Strikeforce: Houston
    Strikeforce is moving forward with its middleweight division since releasing their champion Jake Shields. Mauro Ranallo reported on Thursday's edition of The Fight Show, that the organization is...
  42. Four Fights Added to DREAM.15. More Trouble at Featherweight
    Only one week prior to DREAM.15 we are finally starting to get some more matches, but it looks like FEG are having troubles. Yoshida Dojo fighters Kazuhiro Nakamura and Michihiro Omigawa have...
  43. UFC 116 Official Sellout, 1 Million PPV Buys Expected
    With what UFC president Dana White has called "the biggest heavyweight fight in the history of the UFC" headlining the card, Saturday's UFC 116 event is sold out. While a few select tickets remain...
  44. Frank Mir Scraps LHW Plans In Pursuit Of Brock Lesnar
    Best 2 out of 3, anyone? Could happen now according to the former champ. "Brock's comments in his UFC interviews have inspired me to decide on holding off on going to 205, and working my way to...
  45. CB Dollaway vs. Joe Doerksen Targeted For September
    C.B. Dollaway and Joe Doerkson are on tap for the UFC's first trip to Indiana. The middleweights appear set to face off at UFC 119 in Indiana. Verbal agreements are in place, paperwork pending....
  46. Early UFC 116 Fighter Payouts
    NSAC head Keith Kizer today revealed some of the fighter payouts-to-be for tomorrow's UFC 116 event. Brock Lesnar will get $400,000 no matter what, while Shane Carwin will get $40,000 guaranteed,...
  47. TUF 11 Finale Draws 1889 For $430K Gate
    The NSAC today revealed the official attendance and live gate from the TUF 11 Finale. The total attendance was 1889: 1303 paid, 586 comps, 252 unsold, for a live gate of $430,250. UFC originally...
  48. Cheick Kongo vs. Travis Browne Targeted For UFC 120
    A heavyweight matchup between veteran Cheick Kongo and prospect Travis Browne is expected for UFC 120 in London. Verbal agreements are in place, paperwork pending. Kongo was recently cleared for...
  49. George Sotiropoulos Knows He's A Cheater
    So claims his opponent tonight, Kurt Pellegrino, who apparently didn't like George pulling a Shinya Aoki in February when he beat Joe Stevenson in Australia while wearing "fancy pants". "I’m not...
  50. Coker: Maybe Fedor Should Fight Overeem And Winner Gets Werdum
    In other words, he's thinking that if you want a shot at the Strikeforce Heavyweight Title, all you have to do is earn a marquee fight and then just lose. "My feeling is maybe Fedor should fight...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716