MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Rosenthal officiates UFC 116 main event; Lesnar's camp, UFC speak against Mazzagatti
    LAS VEGAS – Veteran referee Josh Rosenthal today was selected by the Nevada State Athletic Commission to officiate July's UFC 116 main event between UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar (4-1 MMA,...
  2. UFC 115's "Cro Cop" says retirement possible if new contract doesn't materialize
    VANCOUVER, British Columbia – Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic is on the last fight of his UFC contract and wants to keep fighting. But if he doesn't ink a new UFC deal, he's not shopping himself to Japan....
  3. Trainer Duke Roufus wants all focus on UFC 115's Pat Barry
    VANCOUVER, British Columbia – Getting kicked by UFC heavyweight Pat Barry on daily basis sucks. Getting kicked by Pat Barry while holding pads from the Reagan era really, really sucks. Jeff "Duke"...
  4. Jamie Yager vs. Rich Attonito slated for The Ultimate Fighter 11 Finale prelims
    A bout pitting Team Ortiz's Jamie Yager (2-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) vs. Team Liddell's Rich Attonito (7-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is set for the preliminary card of The Ultimate Fighter 11 Finale, a source close to the...
  5. TUF 11 Finale prelims include Tavares vs. Baczynski, Camozzi vs Hammortree
    Following tonight's regular-season run of "The Ultimate Fighter 11," the fight card for next week's season finale is taking shape. Sources close to the event have confirmed with MMAjunkie.com...
  6. Dana White on Chuck Liddell: 'A loss at UFC 115 would be the end'
    "Yes [a loss at UFC 115 would be the end of Chuck Liddell's career], and I think he will say the same thing. But let me tell you what the difference is - the difference before, when I wanted him...
  7. Dan Lauzon released by the UFC
    Dan Lauzon has been released by the UFC following a loss to Efrain Escudero, his second in a row, at UFC 114. Joe Cavallaro, a friend and business partner, confirmed the news. The promoter of World...
  8. TUF 12 Finale Scheduled For December 4
    With the upcoming 12th season of "The Ultimate Fighter" now in production and its Sept. 15 Spike TV debut set, plans are also in motion for the show's live finale. The live finale for season 12 is...
  9. Evan Dunham Is Hoping You'll Take Notice If He Beats Tyson Griffin
    Especially if you haven't already considering he is only 3-0 in UFC. "Tyson, in my opinion, is a top-tier fighter in the UFC, one of the guys who could definitely have a title shot here real soon. I...
  10. Filipovic forthright about his UFC troubles
    Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic had reached a breaking point. A few minutes earlier, he’d slipped almost unnoticed into a ballroom in a downtown hotel, where several of his peers were going through a...
  11. Josh Bryant vs. Kyle Noke Completes TUF 11 Finale
    One last fight between TUF 11 castmates has been announced to complete the TUF 11 Finale lineup, Kyle Noke vs. Josh Bryant was announced by UFC for the prelims. Noke reached the quarterfinals and...
  12. Tito Ortiz Talks Neck Surgery, Comeback and Still Wanting to Fight Chuck Liddell
    Breaking his silence about his neck injury, withdrawing from his fight with Chuck Liddell and being replaced on The Ultimate Fighter, Tito Ortiz said he plans to be back in the cage around October or...
  13. Fedor Has No Plans of Retiring for Politics
    News hit last week that top heavyweight star and former Pride champion Fedor Emelianenko had his eyes on a seat in the Russian Parliament that would soon bring an end to his mixed martial arts...
  14. Mauricio Rua's First Title Defense Likely Delayed By Knee Surgery
    Newly minted UFC light heavyweight champion Mauricio Rua's first title defense likely will be delayed due to a recent knee surgery. Rua was expected to face Rashad Evans later this year Dana White is...
  15. Right Leg Hospital, Left Leg Hospice
    Either way, Pat Barry apparently is going to spend the next 2 years staring out a window, but where might depend on if Mirko Cro Cop can throw one of his signature high kicks. "[Pat Barry] said, in...
  16. Wounds healed and lessons learned, Kampmann ready to make statement at UFC 115
    Even with a gaping wound over his right eye that UFC broadcaster Joe Rogan would almost certainly compare to some aspect of a goat's anatomy, Martin Kampmann (16-3 MMA, 7-2 UFC) still wanted to...
  17. Chael Sonnen's (Possibly Fake) Twitter Not Helping Political Ambitions
    The rash of alleged Twitter identity thefts continues in the MMA world, or so we are told. The latest supposed victim is top UFC middleweight contender and current Republican nominee for Oregon State...
  18. A "Mean" Tyson Griffin Isn't Interested In A Fight Bonus Against Evan Dunham
    It's not that he doesn't want more money, but simply because Fight Of The Night means it was a close fight and he doesn't want a close fight tomorrow. "I think one of my biggest strengths when it...
  19. Chuck Liddell plans return to his roots against Rich Franklin
    VANCOUVER, British Columbia – Chuck Liddell is ripped, yes. He's rejuvenated, and he's rededicated to fighting. But fans who expect to see a fighter who headhunts at the expense of MMA's other...
  20. Dean Lister Tapped to Work With James Toney on Jiu-Jitsu
    With his mixed martial arts debut about two months away, former multi-division boxing champion James Toney has enlisted ex-UFC star and Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Dean Lister to tutor him in a...
  21. UFC 115's Paulo Thiago aiming for 2011 title shot but won't quit special-forces job
    VANCOUVER, British Columbia – UFC welterweight and self-described adrenaline junkie Paulo Thiago (13-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) says it's much easier than you'd think to be a fighter and a special forces police...
  22. Askren Lose at World Team trials.
    Travis Paulson, a name that may be common place in the MMA community in a couple years, became even more well-known in the wrestling world this evening. Paulson went on a tear this weekend at the...
  23. Chael Sonnen: UFC's Georges St-Pierre "wouldn't have much of a chance" in Olympics
    VANCOUVER, British Columbia – In a supposed four-year campaign for the UFC middleweight belt, contender Chael Sonnen has cast a lot of stones in the direction of current 185-pound title-holder...
  24. UFC 115 bonuses: $85K awards
    mmajunkie VANCOUVER, British Columbia – Rich Franklin, Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, Carlos Condit and Rory MacDonald each earned $85,000 fight-night bonuses for their performances at Saturday's "UFC...
  25. UFC 115 results
    mmajunkie OFFICIAL RESULTS Rich Franklin def. Chuck Liddell via KO (punch) - Round 1, 4:55 Mirko Filipovic def. Pat Barry by submission (rear-naked choke) - 4:30, Round 3 Martin Kampmann def. Paulo...
  26. You're Wrong If You Think Mirko Cro Cop Is Old
    He thinks he proved that last night. "I wanted to prove to everyone that I'm not old and they are wrong. My preparation for this fight was the hardest it has been my entire life. I want the grand...
    Pages: 2
  27. Loiseau Likely To Be Cut By UFC Again
    Looks like it's one and done for David Loiseau in his latest UFC return. Loiseau, a popular French-Canadian fighter and former top UFC middleweight contender, fought his way back to the organization...
  28. White proud of Liddell's efforts but says the "Iceman" goeth after UFC 115 loss
    link White said Thursday that if Liddell (21-8 MMA, 16-7 UFC) went unconscious again, the two would come to the same conclusion: it's time to hang it up. "Yeah, and I hope he agreed tonight," the...
  29. UFC 115 draws reported attendance of 17,000 for a $4.2 million live gate
    link VANCOUVER, British Columbia – After reports of a 30-minute sellout, Saturday's night's UFC 115 event drew a reported 17,000 fans to GM Place in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The...
  30. Jake Shields attends UFC 115; Dana White says negotiations underway
    link VANCOUVER, British Columbia – Strikeforce middleweight champion Jake Shields (25-4-1) made another cameo appearance at a UFC event – this time at Saturday's UFC 115 card in Vancouver, British...
  31. Rich Franklin "Can't Get No Respect"
    Rich Franklin "Can't Get no Respect" "Rich Franklin has lost to four men in his career: Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida, Vitor Belfort, and Dan Henderson. The loss to Dan Henderson, in my view, was one...
  32. UFC 116 odds
    UFC 116 odds Shane Carwin." Link Shane Carwin opens as a +160 underdog "Preliminary odds and betting lines are out for the upcoming UFC 116 event from the MGM Grand Garden Arena on July 3 in Las...
  33. USADA Calls NSAC Drug Testing Procedures "Inadequate", Recommends Tougher Stance
    This past week, the Nevada State Athletic Commission invited a panel of experts to speak at the commission's monthly meeting in an effort to gain a better understanding of what can and should be done...
  34. No Quit In Rich Franklin Against Chuck Liddell...Even With A Broken Arm
    Former middleweight champion Rich Franklin talks about his thought process after sustaining a broken left forearm early in his main event fight against Chuck Liddell at UFC 115. "Ace" blocked a high...
  35. Ben Rothwell Promises "Big" Improvements After June 12 Win Over Gilbert Yvel
    Or to quote a certain popular catchphrase, he was not impressed with his performance. "For me the fight [against Gilbert Yvel] is bittersweet. In one aspect, I got my first 'W' in the UFC and it was...
  36. UFC 115: Mirko Cro Cop Talks Retirement - "I Am Now Too Old for This"
    In an interview with jutarnji.hr: "In addition to winning the Pride Grand Prix Finals, [UFC 115] it’s my favorite fight of my career [but] most of the training proved to me that I am now too old for...
    Pages: 2
  37. WEC's Harris: Faber's drop to 135 his decision, move not necessarily permanent
    World Extreme Cagefighting officials recently announced that former featherweight champion Urijah Faber (23-4-2 MMA, 8-3 WEC) would be making his 135-pound debut for the promotion in August in a...
  38. Martin Kampmann Looking for a Fight With Dan Hardy at UFC 120
    "I'd love to fight Dan Hardy," Kampmann (17-3 MMA, 8-2 UFC) said. "I think that would make a great fight. I heard he doesn't have an opponent right now, so that could be a great opportunity." link
  39. UFC On Versus 2 Moved To San Diego
    UFC officials today announced that UFC On Versus 2, originally planned to be held in Salt Lake City, has been moved to San Diego. According to a UFC press release just put out, Dana White says the...
  40. Dana White stands by "pay for rankings" claim, says UFC is the NFL of MMA
    No stranger to a little controversy, UFC president Dana White recently made waves by suggesting in a May interview with ESPN's Bill Simmons that many mixed-martial-arts rankings lists were influenced...
  41. Canadian Authorities Questioned CroCop About War Crimes
    Mirko ‘CroCop’ Filipovic has revealed how Canadian immigration officials subjected him to intensive questioning during his first two days in the country. They wanted to know if he was involved in any...
    Pages: 2 3
  42. "EA Sports MMA" in stores Oct. 19, Emelianenko and Couture on cover
    UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture and Strikeforce heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko will be featured on the cover of "EA Sports MMA," officials today announced. Additionally, officials announced an Oct. 19...
  43. Angela Magana is latest addition to Bellator's season-three women's tourney
    Former high-school wrestler and amateur boxer Angela Magana is the latest addition to Bellator Fighting Championships' season-three women's tournament. Bellator officials today announced the signing....
  44. UFC 115 Prelims: 1.3 Million Viewers
    Spike TV's "UFC Prelims" broadcast for this past weekend's UFC 115 event drew an average audience of 1.3 million viewers and peaked with 1.5 million, Spike TV officials today announced. The two-fight...
  45. Thiago Alves Medically Cleared, Alves vs. Fitch 2 Now Officially Official For UFC 117
    After a medical condition forced him out of UFC 111 and put his future fighting career in jeopardy, Ultimate Fighting Championship welterweight Thiago Alves has been medically cleared to resume...
  46. Stefan Struve vs. newcomer Christian Morecraft official for UFC 117 prelims
    As expected young heavyweight prospect Stefan Struve (19-4 MMA, 3-2 UFC) meets promotional newcomer Christian Morecraft (6-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) in August at UFC 117. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com)...
  47. Lawler Moved Camp to Arizona for Babalu Fight
    Robbie Lawler has consistently been considered one of the most dangerous middleweights in the world with the ability to put any opponent out with just one punch. But as the middleweight approaches...
  48. Hype Yourself in EA Sports MMA
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1097231p1.html A few weeks ago I sat down at EA's Los Angeles studios to check out EA Sports MMA's online features, or at least one of them. I assumed I was...
  49. Ed Ratcliff Off WEC 49, Horodecki Faces Danny Downes
    WEC announced late Tueday night that Ed Ratcliff is now off Sunday's WEC 49 for undisclosed reasons. He was to have faced Chris Horodecki. Danny Downes, who has won his first 6 career fights and...
  50. Canada & Middle East "Neck And Neck" For First International TUF
    The first international season of "The Ultimate Fighter" competition-reality series will either be based in Canada or the Middle East, according to Dana White. White said the promotion and its...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719