- interview with jeff monson
link interview with jeff monson
- PRIDE Announces Yvel vs Shoji
link Today at a press conference in Tokyo, Japan DSE president Nobuyuki Sakakibara announced that Wanderlei Silva could not gain medical clearance from the NSAC. He also announced that Akira Shoji...
- IFL 4/7/07: Red Bears vs. Tiger Sharks; Silverbacks vs. Lions
link The defending IFL champions Quad Cities Silverbacks are looking for their first season victory when they face the Reno Lions Saturday at home in the Mark of The Quad Cities in Moline, Illinois
- Georges St. Pierre and Matt Serra: Drinking Buddies?
link “Yeah, me and Matt Serra, after the filming of Inside the UFC, the TV show with Joe Rogan, we went out together and we had a great time.
- JEFF CURRAN SET FOR IFL SUPERFIGHT TONIGHT
link During final preparations for his match Saturday against Kevin English, Jeff spoke to MMAWeekly about making his IFL debut, his current PRIDE contract situation, and what it means to him to be...
- Allan Goes (IFL) Interview
link Recently Allan took time out to speak to MMAWeekly during his preparations to be part of the Maurice Smith-coached Seattle Tiger Sharks’ attempt to get back to their winning ways against the...
- Mike Swick Article
link When Mike Swick (Pictures) burst into mixed martial arts fans' consciousness during the inaugural season of The Ultimate Fighter the experience was life changing for the Texan.
- Dana White offers $2 million for Mayweather to fight Sherk
link White said the UFC would offer $2 million to Mayweather if he agreed to fight the promotion's lightweight champion, Sean Sherk. It sounded as though White would clearly want the fight to take...
- Matt Hughes: Tool of the Day!
link What makes Hughes the Tool of the Day is the fact that he participated in his own forum that he rarely ever participates in only to spout off on some likely future match-ups with the intention...
- Koscheck: An Eye for an Eye
link he wishes diego a happy easter on his myspace after winning the fight
- Silverbacks, Tiger Sharks Win at IFL Moline
link talks about last nights IFL
- Georges St. Pierre Post Fight interview
GSP post fight
- Don’t ever count out Florian
link article about florian after his last fight
- Interview with Mike Brown: Victory, Injury, and $50,000
link Coming off the biggest victory of his career with a decision win over the perennially dangerous Yves Edwards, American Top Team standout Mike Brown was set to do battle on BodogFight's first...
- The UFC Announces Its Newest Heavyweight: “Big Nog”
link The UFC’s suddenly-swelling heavyweight division just got a whole lot deeper.
- Ratings For UFC Fight Night 9 & TUF 5 Episode 1
link UFC Fight Night on Thursday night drew a final cable rating of 1.2, according to Nielsen Media Research. Not a good number at all for a UFC Fight Night event, but it wasn't promoted very well...
- Koscheck Mocking Sanchez On MySpace Already
Josh Koscheck (or someone on his behalf) posted a message on Diego Sanchez's MySpace page at 2:55AM after UFC 69 "Shootout", where Koscheck gave Sanchez his first ever MMA loss. LINK
- Once perceived as a niche sports with a narrow audience, mixed martial arts has proven that it's popular and . .
Columns of smoke billowed from the ground, and multicolored lights swirled around fighters as each marched to the center of a 10-sided metal gate. LINK
- It's time: UFC announcer Bruce Buffer whips up crowds, fighters in the Octagon
Bruce Buffer is living his own dream in the Octagon. Buffer is the slick, animated announcer at UFC events. LINK
- Turmoil comes to the rankings
link Since our last set of rankings in March, chaos has ensued in the world of mixed martial arts. Previously unknown Sokoudjou scored a second straight upset over a top of the line Brazilian Top...
- UFC 69 tallies $2.8 million at the gate
link In fact, approximately 15,269 spectators packed the Toyota Center and paid a collective $2.8 million to watch UFC 69, according to the Houston Chronicle.
- Mayweather Issues Boxing Challenge To Chuck Liddell
link all these challenges flying around something has to pan out
- Marcelo Garcia No Longer on GFC Card
link A representative from the Gracie Fighting Championships stated tonight that Marcelo Garcia has withdrawn from the GFC card on May 19th. Garcia, a world-renowned grappler, is scheduled to...
- The IFL stock continues to decline
link It's down to about 5 bucks a share from a high of $17 a share in late January.
- UFC Update: Nogueira, Serra, ESPN
link TATAME is reporting that undefeated light heavyweight Thiago Silva will make his UFC debut May 26th at UFC 71. Silva (9-0) is the under 93kg Fury FC Grand Prix Champion. Training with Chute...
- Anatomy of a UFC upset
link Now that it’s behind us and the reality of the situation has set in, I couldn’t help but wonder if there was an upside to this unlikely turn of events. While I don’t envy Joe Silva now that the...
- Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 69, Training for UFC 71
link As of the last blog, I have had a lot of requests to hear about my training schedule and I will get to that. However, with Saturday’s pay per view, I would love to give my thoughts.
- This Saturday, APRIL 14th - Grapplers Quest U.S. Nationals
link EVENT: 6th Annual U.S. Nationals of Grappling featuring $4,000 U.S. PRO TRIALS Presented by Grapplers Quest and Supporting Sponsors When: Saturday, April 14th, 2007 Box Office, At-The-Door...
- The Great Fight North
Welcome to our latest installment of The Great Fight North, The Fight Network’s Weekly Canadian MMA News column. This past weekend saw Montreal’s George “Rush” St. Pierre (13-2) defeated by Matt “The...
- Trading Places- Possible Pride/UFC fighter Swaps
Athletic "trades" of talent from one squad to another are nothing new in the world of professional sports. Baseball general managers, for example, can palm off three mediocre players in exchange for...
- UFC 70 Official Website is up
Not sure if this qualifies is news, but here you go: LINK Hint: At the top center, you have to turn the music off or the backround music will make it hard to hear the video promos
- Phil Baroni Arrested
link Information provided by the Miami-Dade County official web site states that Baroni was arrested on April 9, 2007 for one felony count of Threatening a Public Servant and misdemeanor counts for...
- Nevada Suspensions Handed Down -- Diaz/Gomi Result Changed
- The Nevada State Athletic Commission today handed down suspensions for mixed martial arts fighters Joe Pearson, Kit Cope, and Nick Diaz
link Joe Pearson tested positive for Delta-9-THC, Cope tested positive for the anabolic agent Boldenone, and Nick Diaz, following his defeat of Takanori Gomi on the February 24, 2007 Pride event in...
- Serra to be a guest on "Bubba the Love Sponge Show"
link New UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra will be a guest on The Bubba the Love Sponge Show today (Tuesday). Bubba's show airs every weekday between 3-7 p.m. ET
- Tank Abbott to fight Butterbean?
link According to the rumors section of MMAWeekly.com, Eric "Butterbean" Esch could end up fighting David "Tank" Abbott on the undercard of the joint K-1/EliteXC card scheduled to take place in LA...
- New MMA magazine to launch in June
link Bluff Media has issued a press release today to announce the forthcoming launch of FIGHT!, a brand new mixed martial arts publication that will hit newsstands on June 26.
- Striking in Boxing and MMA
link As Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) skyrockets in popularity, the resistance of mainstream media outlets (Sports Illustrated and ESPN) has historically probably been due to a fear of pro-wrestling...
- Sports Illustrated article on Lidell
link With less than two months until his title defense against Quinton (Rampage) Jackson, Ultimate Fighting Championship light heavyweight titleholder Chuck Liddell, 37, has headed to the hills of...
- Rich Franklin: Nothing Has Been Confirmed
link "Absolutely nothing has been confirmed regarding Rich's next fight," J.T. Stewart, Rich Franklin's media contact, told me Saturday in response to rumors of a Franklin versus Martin Kampmann...
- brock lesnar interview part two
.html]link Late last-week, MMANews.com's own Luis Cruz discussed this and more in an exclusive twenty-plus minute interview with Brock Lesnar. Below is part two of a two-part transcript
- The Age of "The Iceman"
link article about lidell
- Arona Claims Illness Contributed To Sokoudjou Loss
link Arona talks about defeat to fans
- Amateur MMA On 4/14 In San Antonio, Texas
link Texas Amateur MMA Association sent along the following: Saturday Night @ Nutty Brown Cafe Fights Start at 7PM The Texas Amateur Mixed Martial Arts Assocation presents a night of Cage Fights. 10...
- Press Release: Tsunami Fighting Championships Benefit
link Hereby we send you the complete and official info about the upcoming "TSUNAMI Fighting Championships" on June 30th and July 1st 2007 in Stuttgart/Germany. Please note: this event will aid the...
- Report: Mark Hominick Forfeits UFC Contract, Will Fight for WEC Title
link Mark Hominick (13-6 MMA, 2-0 UFC) will forfeit the remainder of his UFC contract to fight Urijah Faber (18-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) for the World Extreme Cage Fighting featherweight championship,...
- NSAC Releases Medical Suspensions from UFC Fight Night 9
link The full list of suspensions includes: Justin McCully — Left Elbow Must be cleared by a doctor or no contest until Oct. 3 Minimum suspension, no contact until May 6 Antoni Hardonk — No Reported...
- Matt Serra to Face Matt Hughes in First Title Defense
link Newly crowned UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra (8-4 MMA, 6-4 UFC) will face former champ Matt Hughes (41-5 MMA, 15-3 UFC) in his first title defense, according to UFC president Dana White...
- Former UFC Fighter Phil Baroni Arrested in Miami (UPDATED)
link A couple black guys, one who just did a 9yr stint in federal prison was totally disrepecting Baroni and his girlfriend….Baroni handled his business with the two guys, but ended up in the...
- Uncertain futures for PRIDE fighters
link Nikkan Sports has a headline grabber today, claiming that Hidehiko Yoshida will fight at 205 pounds in the future (for a run at the UFC Light Heavyweight division). The article claims that...