General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Stories from the Road: Jeremy Horn
    Stories from the Road: Jeremy Horn Jeremy Horn is a gritty guy who remembers the craziness, the nascent MMA times when the so-called bad asses, with their piercings and tats, would eye up the...
  2. Bellator to make a big announcement ahead of the main event
    And hopefully it isn't about Fedor.
  3. Report: Fedor making 2.5 million guaranteed in his return
    Fedor making 2.5 million in return
    Pages: 2
  4. Which fighter do you dislike most ? Personality wise
    Let's not get too nasty here. Just curious as to see what everyone thinks.
  5. Fighter you wish had fought in the UFC
    The post of least favorite fighters got me thinking. Which fighter do you wish you had a chance to see in the Octagon? Whether it be for certain matchups, or you just wanted to see them get to MMA's...
  6. which current ufc lhw fighter could be a legit contender ? Poll
    I mentioned it in another post but I'm pretty big on Corey Anderson even his nick name beastin 25/8 is growing on me. I just really enjoyed his destruction of blachowiz, I have not seen ground and...
  7. Ways to improve the UFC
    Not all of MMA, just the UFC...let me hear your top five ideas. I am totally guilty of fighting with some of you but will try my hardest not to. I just want to hear say you top 3-5 ideas and a brief...
  8. Summary of RIZIN FIGHT FEDERATION and some info on the future
    October 8th 2015, a new movement was made in the world of mixed martial arts. The words “New Year’s Eve, MMA, Resurrection” were shown on the giant screen at Tokyo Midtown - Canopy Square. In front...
  9. Fedor returns to Sambo he is to compete in Monaco next month
    Fedor Returns To Sambo To help ease a transition back to MMA Fedor will return to Sambo competition in Monaco....... Fedor Emelianenko will take part in a combat sambo world tournament next month to...
  10. UFC Matchmaker - Ten UFC fights you would like to see in 2016?
    What are 10 fights you would like to see happen in 2016 inside the UFC? The names can be big or small; I made my list focus less on current champions... I thought I'd share my Top 10 Fights to Make...
  11. MMA media and why its so hard to get good honest coverage
    shill em all part#1 shill em all part#2 shill em all part#3 shill em all part #4 shill em all part #5 what really happened at UFC 189
  12. Road FC 27 Openweight Tournament
    Road FC 27 December 26, 2015 Oriental Sports Center Shanghai, ChinaSee the image Main Card: Mu Bae Choi (12-5) vs. (7-5) Mighty Mo Main Event | Tournament 1/4 Final | Openweight Hong Man Choi (2-4)...
  13. Does anyone watch TUF anymore?
    I haven't kept up too much with this season, but the fights I am seeing.....it just seems like these guys are not even close to UFC level fighters. Especially the American team. Maybe they wanted to...
  14. Watch a spinning back kick, walk-off KO at Jungle Fight
    Mixed martial arts fans already have plenty of choices for the knockout of the year, and a Jungle Fight welterweight put himself in the long list of candidates. Fighting Claudio Cesario (8-4) on...
  15. Ridiculous two punch combo
    Go to about the 2min mark. If you want to be surprised avoid reading the text above and below the video. Make sure to watch the replay, it highlights this epic win perfectly. later!
  16. Live Video- M-1 Challenge 63 Prelims
  17. WSOF 26 Live Prelims
    Link
  18. BAMMA 24: Kone Vs. Phillips
    BAMMA 24: Kone Vs. Phillips is set to take place at the 3Arena, Dublin Ireland on Feb 27th 2016. BAMMA 24 Fightcard (More fights TBA) BAMMA Middleweight Title Cheick 'The Sniper' Kone (c)(13-3) Vs....
  19. Video: Gabi Garcia & Cris Cyborg sparring
    One of the most interesting prospects to hit the women's MMA scene is debuting on New Year's Eve in Japan for Rizin, BJJ world champion Gabi Garcia... Clink the link to watch the video... Gabi and...
  20. Better use of $2.5 million?
    Allistair Overreem, Benson Henderson, and Aljimain Sterling have all become free from their UFC contracts to neogotoate with other MMA brands. RIZIN FC MMA recently spent $2.5 million to acquire MMA...
  21. Technique Talk: Brandon Gibson explains why MMA striking's future is now
    With even a casual look around the UFC today, something is immediately apparent as it relates to striking: changes are afoot. Whether it's the movement training of Conor McGregor, the novelty of the...
  22. Video - Rizin Fighting World Grand Prix Weigh-Ins
  23. Suspicious Video Footage Shows Possibly Fixed MMA Fight At Rizin
    Pride will never die, and nor will it’s allegedly shady tactics. You’ll be interested to see this video that shows a very fishy finish at Rizin FF…. lowkickmma
  24. Video: Fedor Emelianenko, Jaideep Singh Weigh In For Rizin NYE Show
  25. Rizin Fighting Federation on Spike TV NOW!!!!
    It's starting with Breakfast with Fedor it seems. And no more Russian commentating. Looks like the Bellator will be doing the commentating. I like Jimmy Smith.
  26. Breakdown of Rizin FF 1 by FKA
    After years of wishing,dreaming of the rise of JMMA Mr Sakakibara arose from the shadows to announce RIZIN FIGHTING FEDERATION!!!! To some this was merely a ripple in the huge ocean of combat...
  27. Breakdown of Rizin days 2 and 3
    First the non mma fights... Takeru vs Yang Ming(K-1 the rules) This fight had a decent pace with Takeru being a bit more on point.He was stalking and initiating alot and he got more and more...
  28. Fighter in Brazil defeats armed robber (VIDEO)
    In the afternoon on New Year's Day in Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil, a convicted criminal armed with a knife assaulted an elderly, 64-year-old woman, fleeing with her purse. In good news, the crime was...
  29. Video: Fedor Emelianenko returns to MMA with TKO of Jaideep Singh at Rizin FF 1
    Former PRIDE champion Fedor Emelianenko competed in his first MMA bout since 2012 on Thursday when he faced Jaideep Singh at Rizin Fighting Federation 1: Day 2 at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama,...
  30. Video: 'King Mo' Lawal claims Rizin tournament crown with highlight-reel KO
    Muhammed Lawal proved once again that he’s willing to fight anyone, anywhere, at any weight when he came out on the winning end of an eight-man heavyweight tournament at Rizin Fighting Federation 1....
  31. Rizin FF - Fedor Emelianenko vs. Jaideep Singh Full Fight
  32. Rizin FF - Kron Gracie vs. Asen Yamamoto Full Fight
  33. 2016 Of The Year Candidates
    Figured I would start this thread to make it easier to look back at the end of the year to see which fighters should win; 'KOTY', 'SOTY', 'FOTY', etc. Top Candidates so far are; Event of the Year:...
  34. Conor McGregor Beer
    This is great!
  35. Russian Muay Thai champion explains why she signed with Bellator instead of the UFC
    Russian Muay Thai champion explains why she signed with Bellator instead of the UFC "All that matters is that I know the conditions of that offer in the UFC, and I know the conditions of Bellator,"...
  36. Absolute Championship Berkut 29
    ACB 29 February 6, 2016 Torwar Arena Warsaw, Poland Main Card: Salimgerey Rasulov (14-6)vsZelimkhan Umiev (5-0) Main Event | Title Fight | Heavyweight | 265 lbs (120 kg) Musa Khamanaev (15-4)vs.(8-1)...
  37. DEEP 75 IMPACT
    DEEP 75 Impact February 27, 2016 Korakuen Hall Tokyo, JapanSee the image Main Card: Yuya Shirai (25-14)vs(63-40) Minowaman Main Event | Shirai Retirement Fight | Welterweight | 170 lbs (77 kg) Ryuta...
  38. KSW 34
    KSW 34 March 5, 2016 Hala Torwar Warsaw, Poland Main Card: Karol Bedorf (13-2)vs(15-13) James McSweeney Main Event | Title Fight | Heavyweight | 265 lbs (120 kg) Tomasz Narkun (11-2)vs (13-3) André...
  39. M-1 Challenge 64
    M-1 CHALLENGE 64 February 19, 2016 Sport Complex Olimpiysky Moscow, Russia Main Card: Alexander Shlemenko (51-9) vs. (27-3) Vyacheslav Vasilevsky Main Event | M-1 Gran Prix 2016 Semi-Final |...
  40. Final Fight Championship 21
    FFC 21 February 19, 2016 Faliro Olympic Stadium Athens, Greece MMA: Robin van Roosmalen (0-0)vs(6-5)Athinodoros Michailidis Main Event | Lightweight | 155 lbs (70 kg) Darko Stošic (7-1)vs(22-6) Emil...
  41. Bellator announcing another new signing tonight on InsideMMA
    Just got the word from an inside source Bellator is announcing another new signing when Scott Coker goes on InsideMMA tonight........... Who could it be? Mittrione,jordan,sterling,overeem,wandy?or...
  42. Elite Warrior Challenge 9 Results
    Elite Warrior Challenge 9 took place live from the Salem Civic Center in Salem, Virginia on February 6th, 2016. Matt Van Buren and Charles Bennett both fought on the card. Link
  43. ONE Championship 38 Tribe Of Warriors
    ONE Chanpionship 38 February 20, 2016 Istora Senayan Jakarta, IndonesiaSee the image Main Card: Luis Santos (61-9)vs (40-15) Rafael Silva Main Event | Welterweight | 170 lbs (77 kg) Kotetsu Boku...
  44. Global MMA Rankings Mens Strawweight Division
    All credit to Cdf47 he truly is a stats master. Fighters included only fight outside the zuffa umbrella. Strawweight 1.Mitsuhisa Sunabe (King Of Pancrase) 2.Yoshitaka Naito (Shooto) 3.Kent Kambe...
  45. Global MMA Rankings Mens Flyweight Division
    Credit to Cdf47 Flyweight 1.Alexandre Pantoja (RFA) 2.Tim Elliott (Titan FC) 3.Hiromasa Ogikubo (VTJ) 4.Kairat Akhmetov (ONE) 5.Czar Sklavos(VTJ) 6.Adriano Moraes (ONE) 7.Yuki Motoya (DEEP) 8.Pedro...
  46. Global MMA Rankings Bantam Weight Division
    Credit to Cdf47 Bantamweight 1.Bibiano Fernandes (ONE) 2.Marlon Moraes (WSOF) 3.Marcos Galvão (Bellator) 4.Joe Warren (Bellator) 5.Masakatsu Ueda (Pancrase) 6.Soo Chul Kim (ROAD FC) 7.Eduardo Dantas...
  47. Global MMA Rankings Featherweight Division
    Credit to Cdf47 Featherweight 1.Daniel Straus (Bellator) 2.Patricio "Pitbull" Freire (Bellator) 3.Daniel Weichel (Bellator) 4.Pat Curran (Bellator) 5.Rick Glenn (WSOF) 6.Kazunori Yokota (DEEP)...
  48. Global MMA Rankings Lightweight Division
    Credit to Cdf47 Lightweight 1.Will Brooks (Bellator) 2.Shinya Aoki (ONE) 3.Justin Gaethje (WSOF) 4.Michael Chandler (Bellator) 5.Marcin Held (Bellator) 6.Ramazan Esenbaev (M-1 Global) 7.Dave Jansen...
  49. Global MMA Rankings Welterweight Division
    Credit to Cdf47 Welterweight 1.Ben Askren (ONE) 2.Rousimar Palhares (WSOF) 3.Andrey Koreshkov (Bellator) 4.Douglas Lima (Bellator) 5.Benson Henderson (Bellator) *N.R 6.Jake Shields (WSOF) 7.Paul...
  50. Global MMA Rankings Middleweight
    Credit to Cdf47 Middleweight 1.Mamed Khalidov (KSW) 2.Ramazan Emeev (M-1 Global) 3.Rafael Carvalho (Bellator) 4.Vyacheslav Vasilevsky (M-1 Global) 5.Brandon Halsey (Bellator) 6.Dave Branch (WSOF)...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182