General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Globalmma rankings outside the UFC
    BEST RANKINGS IN THE BUSINESS! All props to my boy cdf47 Full list of rankings and ranking rules at: http://www.global-mma.com/t11466-glo...-december-2014 Heavyweight 1. Marcin Tybura (M-1 Global...
  2. I miss openweight tourneys and fights...
    Remember the great PRIDE openweight tourneys...... To me this epitomizes MMA....2 men reguardless of size fight to see which is better ...size or technique.... Now we are all familiar with...
  3. Breaking down a GOAT the striking of Emelianenko FEDOR
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/5/31/3053056/fedor-emelianenko-striking-technique-pride Original article with working story boards and gifs for easier explanation.
  4. Breaking down a GOAT the ground and pound of Emelianenko Fedor
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/6/3/3059390/analyzing-fedor-revolutionizing-ground-and-pound article with working gifs and story boards for easier explanation.
  5. Breaking down a GOAT the clinch and trips of Emelianenko Fedor
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/6/8/3070061/judo-chop-analyzing-fedor-technique-rizzo-nogueira-mma Original article working gifs for explanation.
  6. Chael Sonnen gives a personal breakdown of Jones Vs. Cormier
    Former UFC middleweight and current ESPN MMA analyst Chael Sonnen breaks down the much-anticipated UFC 182 main event title fight between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier.
  7. L2 Update- Bellator 132/WSOF 17
    We all have over a week away but a heads up to you guys that participate in L2, Bellator's undercard was announced and there was a couple of quality fights added to the combo giving us 13 fights....
  8. RoadFC 21
    Solid event roadfc has neen quietly putting on some great fights and are producing quality local and regional fighters. Road FC 21 Febuary 2, 2015 Jangchung Gymnasium Seoul, South KoreaSee the image...
  9. RFA 22 Results and Discussion (Spoilers)
    RFA 22 Main Event Gilbert Smith (10-3) vs Chidi Njokuani (11-4) Njokuani defeats Smith via Unanimous Decision Co-Main Mark Dickman (9-2) vs Donald Sanchez (30-14) Dickman defeats Sanchez via...
  10. Dennis Stojnic signed to Bellator
    Denis Stojnic signed for Bellator! Bosnian-Herzegovinian fighter in the second best MMA organization in the world will do eight fights in a period of two years and one fight in Glory against Pat...
  11. UFC never truly intended to keep PRIDE running
    After having quite a lengthy discussion with a few old school hardcore mma fans if i ever doubted before the pride buyout was an assassination....that doubt was put to rest. Here is a little tidbit...
    Pages: 2
  12. Ken Shamrock ....the bare knuckle boxer?
    Shamrock (28-15-2) has announced his next move in combat sports: a bareknuckle boxing match. An announcement was made today on Shamrock’s official website, stating “The World’s Most Dangerous Man”...
  13. Ring Girls
    Which organization had prettier ring girls in your opinion?
  14. Top 20 biggest MMA attendances of all time say 19 of those events were in PRIDE Fc
    http://www.tapology.com/search/mma-event-figures/total-attendance Even as the Ultimate Fighting Championship surges in virtually every measurable popularity metric, including Pay Per View buyrates,...
  15. January MMA Rankings (JLS Edition)
    P4P Rankings 1. Jon Jones 2. Jose Aldo 3. Demetrius Johnson 4. Chris Weidman 5. Cain Velasquez 6. Anthony Pettis 7. Ronda Rousey 8. TJ Dillashaw 9. Renan Barao 10. Alexander Gustafsson 11. Robbie...
  16. Real All-time P4P list by FKA
    Ok so P4P is a term thrown around alot in MMA and is rarely if EVER defined..... To me p4p is a marketing tool the UFC slaps on the next fighter they want to market....
    Pages: 2 3
  17. some of my top sign-able European prospects
    Guys that are not exclusive to big organizations and have real talent in my that the UFC should look at, just my opinion of course. Feel free to comment or add to this! Vyacheslav Vasilesky: fought...
  18. The real all time P4P list by FKA part 2.
    Anderson Silva.
  19. Ganryujima openweight tournament featuring former NFL player Shawne Merriman
    http://www.global-mma.com/t11701-ganryujima-february-28-official-discussion This event features some interesting rules as well as some very diverse talent .
  20. Who has more crazy strange losses in their career than.....
    Anderson Silva? 2 losses to Weidman were weird loss to Okami was a little strange lets not forget that one by that japanese dude too.
  21. Real all time P4P list part 3
    I couldn't resist.... No bullshit. No criteria. I don't need valid points. List your top 10 of all time You can have them 1 thru 10 or random. I'll do mine random so I don't get in a argument...
  22. L2-Tachi PF 22 / Fight Time 23 / RFA 23 combo (start time + new fights, etc.)
    Hey everyone! Just a heads up and reminder that this is the last event of this current season of the Best Of The Rest League. First off the lock time is gonna be at approx. 8:45 PM ET, Thursday Night...
  23. February Fights
    This list is of fights happening. They have to be from February and they have piqued my interest. They also have to happen in February What do you think about February? I think it's a month lacking...
  24. Opinions on strongest fighters of each weight class... As in all round brute strength.
    HW- would go with shawn Jordan LHW- ilir latifi MW- Yoel Romero WW- hector lombard LW- Abel Trujillo FW- Dennis Bermudez BW- manny gamburyan FW- John Dodson Women's BW- Sara mcmann To make it fair...
  25. Exiting new MMA Event Winner Takes ALL
    MMA Middleweight £10,000 Winner Takes All Paisley March 21. Get in touch if you think you are up to the challenge. Belt awarded on the night. Tony@fightstarpromotions.co.uk
  26. He Didn't do it!!!!
    He got caught so yeah he did. I don't care though he's still the GOAT* of the ufc.
  27. Free Tachi Palace Fights 22 Stream
    TPF 22 has already started. Sherdog is showing the fights for free. Here's the link for anyone interested. There are some L2 fights on this card LINK
  28. February MMA Rankings (JLS Edition)
    These are my updated rankings. Listed are the significant fights that pertain to my own personal rankings. In addition it shows who has dropped completely off my list per Division and the New...
  29. Winner Takes ALL Tournament £10k
    Format for the tournament now finalised 8 man middleweight championship Each fight Lose £200 Win £400 Final Lose £200 Win £10,000 Fightstar Promotions
  30. Marlon Moraes vs Josh Hill-Afterthoughts
    First off how did you guys score the fight? I have the fight DVR'd and need to rewatch it to give a more accurate opinion. But initially I thought it was gonna come down to who won the 5th Round. But...
  31. Favorite moment in MMA?
    2014 was a rough year for our beloved sport and 2015 isn't looking much better. This seems like a good a time as any to gather around and share some of our favorite moments. For me, it was Hendo...
  32. SFL 38 LIVE NOW
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1tvPIiYtGE
  33. My co-worker Ko'd Melvin Guillard
    Video
  34. Joey Beltran dropping to 185?
    "Test cut to 186 was a success! @BellatorMMA fight announcement coming soon!!!" Pic
  35. Newton slapping Mcgeary after fight
    looks like these two didn't quite work it out in the cage..
  36. When keeping your hand on the mat goes wrong..
    LINK
  37. How to get knocked out in 20 seconds
  38. Can someone help me with the name of this MMA Fighter?
    Could someone help me recognize and name the MMA fighter in this photo? Thanks! http://s29.postimg.org/tdmrak2mf/130336e599b5126cb93fc4e8fff1f625.jpg
  39. Video of Chris Camozzi's win at Prize FC 8
  40. MMA Rankings - Post UFC 185
    POUND FOR POUND 1 Jose "Scarface" Aldo 2 Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson 3 Jon "Bones" Jones 4 Dominick "The Dominator" Cruz 5 Cain Velasquez 6 Chris Weidman 7 Chad "Money" Mendes 8 Rafael Dos...
  41. XFCi 9 - Results
    FLYWEIGHT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP Bruno Azevedo 13-2 (BR) def. Allan Nascimento 14-3 (BR) via 48-47, 49-46, 49-46 Unanimous Decision Women's Flyweight Tournament Finale Poliana Botelho 4-1 (BR) def....
  42. Helio conqueror Kimura badly beaten by Pro wrestle
  43. Josh Koscheck vs Erick Silva
    I have just put down alot of money on Koscheck to win this fight... I feel like perhaps he is the most underrated fighter in the UFC right now. He has lost his last 4 fights but they are all against...
  44. MMA Photo book Kickstarter Campaign.
    Hey there - I'm about a week away from posting a kickstarted campaign to help raise funds for my photography book about mixed martial arts in Iowa. Before I do, I want to check to see if that is a...
  45. Bellator 135-L.C. Davis vs Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
    In case you guys missed the fight here's a video for you. Video
  46. Abu Dhabi Warriors 2 Derrick Mehman replaces Alexei Kudin
    Abu Dhabi Warriors 2 Brett Rogers (17-9) vs(18-6) Derrick Mehmen Main Event | Heavyweight | 265 lbs (120 kg) Mike Kyle (20-12) vs (27-15) Baga Agaev Co-Main Event | Heavyweight | 265 lbs (120 kg)...
  47. Bellator 136/ WSOF 20/ RFA 25/ M1 Challenge 56/ IGF 3 (Upcoming L2 Next Week)
    In case you Regular L2 players haven't gotten a chance to see this combo that Flashy, Budge and myself have put together, you need to check it out. It's probably the most stacked L2 Card that we've...
  48. April MMA Rankings (JLS Edition)
    I didn't do list my March Edition, so I figured I would do April's Rankings. These are my updated rankings. Listed are the significant fights that pertain to my own personal rankings. In addition it...
  49. 62-year-old man tries out MMA and KO's a 24-year-old
  50. Potential L2 (Best of The Rest Card) Event 10 of 10 to close out the season
    Okay we have event 9 of 10 coming up in just over a week in a half featuring One FC, Invicta, BAMMA and Pancrase. To close out the season (Event 10 of 10) how does this sound. Lets end the season...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182